or Connect

Posts by queen620

Hello All, I have not been around in a LOOONG time and I miss MDC. Anyway back to my question. I have a friend is getting ready to start cloth diapering. She got about 2 dozeb GERBER dsq prefolds from a friend who tried, but gave up. So she has washed them twice and they are just as flat as when she got them. Do you have any suggestions on what to do. I didn't know if they would fluff up of not I have only used CPF and that was four years ago! Any help would be...
Hello, I am looking to buy a used station wagon. My price range will probably be less than $2500. So far I have been looking/reading about volvos. In the past I have had a ford taurus, and it was already overowrked before it was given to us. I am finding 1989-94 models that fall into my price range. Does anyone here have a volvo made during these years? If so do you like it? What do you dislike about it? Any mechanical problems? Would you buy it again? Any...
I just finished reading this book. I thought it was great. I have really been reevaluating having my 3yr son in preschool two mornings a week. Since reading this book I feel quite sure I won't re-enroll him next fall nor his two year old brother. (They would then be 4 & 3.) Hopefully by then I will have my own car and will not feel so trapped by being at home 24/7 with a 2 & 3 yr old. I had a hard time deciding weather or not to send him to preschool, and finally...
Thanks to everyone who responded. Today I have killded four which is much better than two days ago. I have been trying to limit all eating to dinning room so hopefully it won't spread. And I have been trying to vacuum after every meal. I already have a steam cleaner(bought it last year when my son was potty learning....amazing after a week of him being naked I got a toilet trained child and clean carpets!) I had not thought about that b/c my dh only uses oxiclean...
Please help. This morning I discover maggots on the carpet in my dinning area. They are literally coming out of the carpet. I have already vacuumed three times today, and within a few minutes of vacuuming there are more coming out of the carpet. I think the problem started two weeks ago. We left for vacation and although we threw out all the old food in out fridge we accidentally left half a banana on the kitchen counter. We came home after a week to find the banana...
Thanks everyone. I think it was so frustrating b/c normally I only have vinager in this spray bottle. But after peeling the wall paper off over our shower we discovered mildew. My husband wanted to spray it with bleach/water solution, so since my vinager bottle was empty I poured it into that container, and gave it to dh. After we finished painted he discover mildew on the shwer caddy, and wanted me to clean it with the bleach. I vaguely remember spraying the...
Okay so, I was cleaning out my freezer a few days a go and found a packet of frozen breastmilk almost a year old. I put it in the fridge, b/c I just couldn't throw it out. It is still in my fridge, and I keep looking at it knowing I can't give it to either of my kids, but just can't throw it away. My ds stopped nursing about two months ago, when he turned two. I guess it is a visula of our former connection...Nice warm Fuzzy I guess. Please convince me to...
Tonight while I was taking my 3yr temperature, my 2 yr old came running fromt he bathroom screaming, and he was holding a spray bottle that was filled with half bleach/half water. (My dh and I had used it to kill some mildew in our bathroom b/4 painting. Obviously we forgot to pour it our/put it away.) It appeared that my son had sprayed himself in the face. So I call 911, and they ask if I want an ambulance sent, or to be connected to poison control center. I opt...
I loved the Baby Whisperer. I used Ezzo with my first son, so this was so much more calmer, and focused on meeting my child's needs as opposed to feeling that baby is an interruption. Forget the breastfeeding advice, but it osunds like you are already doing fine with that. I liked that by following her basic stages of sleep I could lay my son down during the "seven mile stare" and he would drift off to sleep without nursing or rocking. At the time he was a baby a...
Supply issues is a big problem with nursing moms who stick to the routine. That appears to be why they have updated the lasted edition. In the 1999/2000ed i used with my son, they specifically made no agreements to the fact of fewer feedings could lead to lower milk supply. Personally, I attribute babywise to being one of the many reason my first son and I couldn't get into the swing of things. and also being sent home from our stay in the NICU with nipple confusion,...