or Connect

Posts by Kanga Mom

What sort of things do we need to do to prepare her body for this assault? What kinds of questions should we be asking the doctor? What should we be watching for at the hospital? How do we prevent one of those terrible hospital infections I read about? Here's what happened: While I was away at the mother's homeschool meeting Monday night, I got a phone call from my husband. Because our bathtub is old and makes interesting noises when you walk on it, our 7 y.o. had...
Who are you? I'm old enough that reading that phrase starts a never ending chorus of the song by The Who. I am a Christian. I am a wildly eclectic reader who loves mysteries, Richard Mitchell, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Jane Austen, Gladys Tabor, Edwin Way TEale, Chaucer, Beowulf, and Tolkien, amongst others. I am a moderately liberal conservative who hates labels. I totally adore learning new things and totally hate practicing them or doing them anymore...
This is such a neat thread! Thank-you for starting it, and thanks to each of you for sharing a glimpse of your lives! We currently live in the country, but it is not at all as slow as I hoped it would be. I've posted about this before elsewhere, but in the process of our move, dh had a terrible car accident (four of the children were with him), our van was totalled, and so was dh's arm. He had three surgeries and a skin graft, and three months later is still unable...
"Fact: At Denver, the NRA canceled all events (normally several days of committee meetings, sporting events, dinners, and rallies) save the annual members' meeting; that could not be cancelled because corporate law required that it be held. [No way to change location, since you have to give advance notice of that to the members, and there were upwards of 4,000,000 members.]" These people had already scheduled their members' meeting, bought their tickets, paid for their...
Wow, thanks! These all look terrific! I have cooked quinoa before, I just was ready for a change. Quinoa soup tonight- and i'm saving the others, too. Ymm. Kanga
First of all, let me apologize for the unorganized way I posted- I was short on time, suffering from a nasty chest cold (still have that), and I should have either waiting til I had more time to organize my thoughts (and proofread my post) or not posted at all. Here's a couple points- somebody, I forget who, said that our failure to sign the Kyoto protocol was proof that Americans didn't care about the environment. The main thing I'd like people to consider is whether...
Quote: Originally posted by CeraMae Yeah, I've been to this guy's website and I find it funny that the only things out of the whole movie he attacks are the commercial and the NRA thing. It just says to me that there isn't much to attack.::: First of all, I think those are pretty big things. This is supposed to be a documentary, after all. I don't think you've read the whole thing, because those are not the only issues he brings up. Off hand, Moore...
Does anybody have any good recipes using quinoa? Kanga
Quote: Originally posted by aussiemum I mean, why can't having a large family in Mali or China or Paraguay be considered an environmental choice then, because people living in these countries would have (I am assuming again!) a smaller ecological footprint per capita than either the US or Australia. Why shouldn't we all have large families then???? Do we really want to find out just exactly how many people we can pack onto this planet?? These are things I...
The main reason Charleton Heston comes off looking so bad in Michael Moore's fictional film is because Moore chose to edit his remarks to make him look bad. Moore edited the speech to skip conciliatory remarks and make the remaining ones sound harsh. He put remarks given in a speech eight months later in a different time to a different audience as though they were part of the Columbine speech. There was no NRA 'show' in Denver. All that happened in Denver was an...