or Connect

Posts by MichaelsMom01

I was just reading your post in the "Cesarean Birth Recovery & Support Thread 10 (April/May 2004) " Your birth experience sounds frighteningly like mine! I know it's none of my business, but where do you live? You wouldn't be in St. Pete, FL would you? If so, we need to talk! Please e-mail me if you get this message and are in FL. My (2) midwives had 40 yrs between them. One was CNM, the other a "retired" midwife serving as her assistant. They let me push 12...
Congratulations!!! I have only ever known 1 woman who dreamed of a c/s as her perfect birth. I certainly didn't think it would be my choice, but when it came down to the safety and well being of my precious little one I was happy to do it. The perfect birth is a healthy baby!!! Good Luck!!!!
I chose to night wean altogether, just because that's what I needed to do. I almost never nurse at night unless he is sick and I feel like it's my "medicine chest"! At first though, I wouldn't let him nurse in the middle of the night at all just to avoid confusion. Now we can do it on occasion and he doesn't get confused. I try to take the bf thing a year at a time. Now that he's 3, I can see nursing to 4. Once 4 gets here, I'll see how it's going. Who knows? He...
Good Day beautiful c-section mamas!!! Man, I wish I had looked here for support years ago!!!! Kinsey, it can take a really long time to recover emotionally from c-section when you are so geared toward anything but! Allow yourself PLENTY of time to heal. My ds is 3 and I still have trouble with it. The thing that I've learned is that the more I tell my story the better I feel and I don't really care if my friends/family are sick of hearing it!!! I had planned a...
Good idea only she lives in FL and I live in AZ!!! I would LOVE to have them over for some pool time! The little boy with the botched circ has healed by now as that was a couple of months ago. I think I can sway her in the non-circ direction before her baby comes due in December. She and I have mutual respect for each other's ideas (as well as both our dh's do too) so I know she will listen whole heartedly to my thoughts about it. She's pretty confident that she's got...
I don't know how old your little one is, but I finally had to stop bf at night just because I was going out of my mind. From the beginning, my ds would sleep only 45 min at a time. After a year and a half of never getting more than 45 minutes of sleep, I had had it. It was really hard and he was actually about 2 before I really was able to sleep peacefully. Now the only time we bf in the night is if he's sick. We always nurse before he falls asleep, but then we just...
When you say you'll never forgive yourself!!! I can't count the number of times I behaved inappropriately with my son - often because of my own aggravations about something else. You absolutely must forgive yourself for hitting the wall or big sighs. We are human too and life's frustrations can sometimes push us a little too far and we act like our toddlers. What I have learned to do about that is to apologize to my son and let him know how I'm feeling and that it...
That's how it looks!!!! I was just having this discussion with a (pregnant) friend of mine this morning. My son is intact and I am thankful every day for it! I was telling my friend this morning that I feel sorry for my son's little friends who are circumsized because they look mutilated. My son is 3 so he and his friends are at potty training age and his friends like to swim in his little pool. So, often is the occasion when they are changing clothes that I am in...
Quirky - Now that you mention the sexual aspect I remember that being part of my consideration for not doing it, but I didn't dwell on it for long for the same reasons you mention. I didn't want to think of my unborn child as a sexual being! I realize that's silly, but it's the honest truth. It was sort of the same way when my nephew told me he was gay. I don't remember my immediate response but it must not have been good because he was hurt and said, "I thought...
Anyone remember the harmonic convergence or am I just showing my age here?