or Connect

Posts by Ahappymel

yup!    
I can only speak for myself... My twins were my third pregnancy. My first two were singles. So, in comparison to those pregnancies, yes, I slept and felt exhausted in a surprisingly intense way. I did feel better once I eliminated sugar. I was having some blood sugar issues. As long as I kept my water and protein consumption high, I felt much better. But I do think it's completely normal to need a lot of sleep and feel exhausted...your body is doing a whole lot! It is...
oh, and I agree with the poster who said get everything you want done by the end of your 2nd trimester. Your new motto is "There is no time like the present" LOL
Hi there, my twin boys are 9 weeks old now. I carried them to 39 weeks/2 days. They were 7 lbs 11 oz and 7 lbs 4 oz. Although I never was put on bedrest, I found that my body definitely needed to be down most of the time at the end. I would have a good 30 minutes on my feet and that was it. After that, I was lying down most of the day. I was off of work from 34 weeks on and home with my 4 year old, so I know what you mean about needing to entertain/care for other...
Just spoke with my city's Social Services Medi Cal rep who says that income cut off for family of 6 varies for the program. But asset cut-off is $3600. And he says it's a myth that you can't have more than one car. They'll exempt the first car (whichever is the highest value). But the other car counts as an asset. In our case, this clunker is about $500 blue book. Having the car in and of itself, he says, won't disqualify you...but the extra asset amount may tip you over...
what about our 2nd car? should we sell it? anyone know what the asset cut-off is for a family of 6?
Oh dear. Well, it looks like we'll qualify for coverage for the twins and 5 yr old. But since we're not under $30,000 does that mean my 10 year old can't have coverage? What other programs are out there for him? Healthy Families told me that we'd have to have $5000 a month to qualify for their program...above our range.
Hi there, Will a family of 6 (me, dh, son age 10, son age 5, sons age 7 weeks-twins) qualify for Medi Cal with a family income of $39,000 or lower? We have one family car, and another clunker with 270K miles on it that I'm willing to donate. Total assets are only a couple thousand at most. I understand they won't consider my retirement account that I paid into when I was working. I can't withdraw it until I retire or die anyhow. My oldest son is from a previous...
hi, my c-section was just last week, i have twins, Labored at home for 15 hrs (not long I know) then 2 hrs of pushing. twin a would not descend and my midwife suspected a posterior, odd position. Suer enough, it was confirmed at the hospital that she was right. his head was molded to one side...proof he was not only posterior but in an odd lie. twin b (who had been breech) also flipped head down at the last minute which we think may have wedged him further. i'm sad,...
Thank you so much for the loving and detailed response! I do believe that my milk has not fully developed yet...but upon waking this morning, my breasts are feeling more full. I tend not to worry about weight loss and newborns, but I do believe they were losing too much. My 7 lb 11 oz baby weighed 6 lbs 9 oz yesterday and my 7 lb 4 oz baby was down to 6 lbs 2 oz...and it was pointed out to me that their saggy skin, which when pulled up did not recede right away,...