or Connect

Posts by Ahappymel

So these are the things others have done so far... A "first" professional resume National Geographic DNA Mapping DNA analysis of his favorite dog We need something really special to contribute....
Hi all, I need some ideas. This year my (soon-to-be) 18 year old stepson's mama has asked that we all contribute to the theme "The Big Envelope" for his birthday. I want to do something homemade like a card or craft on behalf of our family. Again, it has to fit into the envelope. I need ideas...original and creative ones....and again, this is a significant birthday (18th) for a very special young man with Asperger's Syndrome. He has a great interest in Mammals...so...
Oh...just to add something I've heard many Bikram people say is that no matter how much/how long you've done it, it continues to be a challenge...there will be strong days and weaker days, no matter what and you can't always predict it.
Hi there, I practice 3 X's a week, have done Bikram Yoga for the last 5 years. The studio where I practice is not as militant as I've heard some Bikram studios and teachers can be. Some of the dialogue of the Bikram class is really awful, I think...like in backbends, Bikram has some strange dialogue that says "Your back is going to hurt like hell!" and "Kill yourself!" The Bikram class is jokingly called, "Bikram's Torture Chamber". Again, none of the teachers at our...
I got my own rings on Etsy and I don't know if this is your taste at all, but this seller was wonderful to work with: http://www.etsy.com/shop/singleBbeautiful
A dear friend of mine lost her little boy to a tumor much as you described...it's been two years now. Her son died 8 months after being diagnosed. He was in and out of the hospital during that time. It was the last 6 months that were so intense for the family. They needed SO much help and support. They needed people to bring them food, to come over and do laundry, to clean, to garden, to stay with her son for a bit so she/her husband could take a nap or go have a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherB I'm also in the Houston area and have been following this story. I have declined strep B tests for my home births after discussing them (and my particular situation) with my MW. We also discussed that there are some treatment plans that are very successful in killing off any strep B that you can do at home. Essentially it's rinsing the vaginal area with hibiclens, I believe. I'm not certain if that would kill...
This article actually made me justify homebirth even more in mind. I think that exposure to diseases like that would be much more common in the hospital (although obviously not unheard of outside of the hospital). I'd much rather be at home with a lower risk, even is home is no guarantee, the odds are better I believe. I am personally sending that mom, baby and family a whole llot of love and prayers.
We didn't do a formal bath. Warm wash cloths for any messy stuff but the bath wasn't a priority for us.
Quote: Originally Posted by prothyraia Given the conditions most homebirth midwives work under and the amount of money that they recieve for extremely demanding hours, I think it's patently ridiculous to believe that they're greedy and money-focused. And I agree with this point, especially since I read last week that the average OBGYN salary is $400K! If a midwife just wanted to make big bucks, she would be an OBGYN LOL