or Connect

Posts by TripMom

My family and I have been struggling with this virus for over a month. Symptoms vary from time to time and person to person . . . one day my daughter wakes up with what looks like pink eye and my boys wake up coughing and stuffy . . . this goes on for a few days then tapers off . . . then the boys wake up with matted pink eye like eyes . .. I am continually coughing up flem out of my chest which worsens . .. improves . then worsens a bit . . . same thing with congestion...
Not acne.  But I must say I'm surprised to find a pimple on him now and again - maybe 1x/week at this point and just one?   Is this normal at 9 - going in to 4th grade?   Is it due to lack of washing?  or hormonal?  I am worried about hormonal problems - is this a sign?  He doesn't have any other issues going on that I can identify.   Any info greatly appreciated!   Tripmom   Mom to DS (9) and BBG (6)
Congrats to you!  Babies look beautiful.  Enjoy and survive!  That's my motto for the first few years . . . . . having triplets is truly amazing!   Jessica Mom to DS (8) and BBG (6)
Has anyone done this cleanse or done any cleanse and had a similar vasovagal attack? I am on the 3rd week of the program and was feeling great for the 2nd week after the adjustment of the 1st week . . . until . . . .yesterday when I landed in the ER? Looking for anyone with info or experience here? Best explanation ER docs could give (as my labs came back normal) was that the increased activity in my colon stimulated my vagus nerve causing a vasovagal attack (I...
I am in my 3rd week and spent the day in the ER yesterday after a seemingly vasovagal attack? Looking for anyone who has done this or any other cleanse and had a similar experience?
Quote: Originally Posted by blessedwithboys sorry to derail, but OP, please feel free to PM me any info/advice you can share WRT starting your Wellness Committee. i've been trying to do this at our school for 3 yrs. nevermind what changes we may or may not make, i cant even get the principal or PTO prez to take me seriously enough to actually start the committee! If a child chooses chocolate milk every single day for a year, they'll gain about 3lbs bc...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne If your committee has been working for three years to move in a positive direction, and now you are facing huge backlash about chocolate milk, I wonder how productive the choice to remove it will be? Is this a done deal? If not, is it the hill you want to die on, so to speak? My raw cow and goat milk drinking ds loves the chance to get chocolate milk at school! I allow it because in the scheme of things I wouldn't...
I am x-posting this here and in the healthy eating forums as I hope this community may have some experience on this topic . . .see below: All - We have been working for 3 long years on our school's "Wellness Committee" to fix the horrendously awful school lunch being served to our kids on a daily basis -- almost entirely processed reheated foods with an ingredient list a mile long. We have seen a very recent shift in attitude with the administration - and for some...
All - We have been working for 3 long years on our school's "Wellness Committee" to fix the horrendously awful school lunch being served to our kids on a daily basis -- almost entirely processed reheated foods with an ingredient list a mile long. We have seen a very recent shift in attitude with the administration - and for some reason the principal unilaterally and without warning decided to remove chocolate milk from the lunch room. This has caused major backlash...
Wow! What a great thread - I just got 3 great recipe ideas. Lentils and Spinach looks so yummy. As does Brown Rice meatloaf . . . thanks! We are doing great eating at home - and this will keep me motivated.