or Connect

Posts by Mothernature

Here we go. My beautiful, smart and vivacious 13-year-old has a boyfriend. It isn't the 2 week kind of boyfriend either. He's been around since before Christmas. They survived the holidays, Valentine's Day and Spring Break which are notorious for killing young love. They talk and text a lot (too much.) Since his arrival, my approval rating has dramatically dropped and I've lost thousands of cool points. I am completely out of touch and l - a - m - e. I suppose I knew that...
I see that I'm reviving an old thread, and I haven't been on this forum in a long time, but this is suddenly relevant to us. My 13-year-old daughter has had a boyfriend since just before Christmas. I fully expected it to fizzle out before Valentine's Day but it didn't. I allowed her to go to a movie (the Lego movie) on Valentine's Day with a group, including 10-year-old younger siblings to spoil any fun they may hope to have and so it wouldn't be a "date." The boyfriend...
I used ParaGard for 10 years. Then I decided to have my children. Breastfeeding and co-sleeping were the perfect cocktail for me. I didn't have a period for 3 years then got pregnant after the first cycle and didn't have another period for another 3 years. After my cycles resumed, hubby didn't want any more children so he got a vasectomy. The nice thing about ParaGard, well there were several, but it is 99.9% effective for up to 10 years and you can have it removed at...
This is the first week of first grade and it is beginning to look like a repeat of last year. My little guy just puts on the breaks when we get to school and refuses to go inside. If I walk him in he insists that I stay with him. By insist, I mean that he gets very upset when I walk away and he follows me. When I firmly tell him that I have to leave and he has to stay, he gets agitated and continues to follow me. Last year, he ran away from school and C.O.P.E.S. had...
The older one is more emotional and irritable, but she definitely fills the role of "the good one" to a T. Last night when I scolded him for dumping out my contact lenses I found them both in their room and his head was in her lap while she petted him. Now, when he's pouncing her and hitting her she is the loudest, shrillest protester of them all. I worry about her stuffing it though, because her best friend was killed in a car accident last July and she still...
I forgot to mention that dx left for Canada Saturday morning without seeing the children while he was here. He was unable to arrange for supervised visitation in the 2 weeks he was here.
I already typed this once last night and it got lost in cyber space. So, here goes again. I haven't posted in a long while because I've been quite busy changing my whole life. I left my husband just after Christmas and filed for divorce just after New Years. In the mean time I've had to find employment, get my 3 yr old son in daycare for the first time in his life, find after care for my 6yr old dd and start the process of becoming a single mom. DX has done his part...
That is so funny. I am reminded of when dd was 3 and in kids day out and they were talking about nutrition. The teacher gave them a peice of construction paper shaped like a person and they were supposed to glue different foods onto the body. She had broccoli hair, chicken drumsticks for legs, banana arms and a carrot penis. I still have this saved.
Well, we've been out of diapers all summer, but we still have accidents every few days. We've had a tough summer with lots of adjustments so I'm amazed he's even attempting it. One of his close friends died in May and big sis's best friend died in July so our hearts are completely shattered. I'm also having to go back to work after 5 1/2 years of SAHM work. Dh has decided to commit professional suicide and I'm having to play clean up. We're also dealing with some...
Thanks to you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. We're trying to come up with some special tributes to our sweet little guy. I think I'll let the children plant two trees. One for Sienna and one for Oscar. I still have Xander's placenta (divided so it will fit in the jars) so we can nurture the new trees with that. Does anyone have any other ideas on how my children can process this? We've been reading "When Dinosaurs Die" and some other books they...