or Connect

Posts by Rhiannon Feimorgan

Has been removed and will not be returned as it is a violation of the MDC User Agreement. Please keep the UA in mind when posting and starting threads. Quote: . Do not post to invite MDC members to other communities, blogs or message boards for adversarial purposes or link to discussion about MDC at another site. Do not negatively discuss other communities or discussions elsewhere (this includes blog comments), regardless of whether or not you link to that...
Quote: Originally Posted by limette I'm in Canadian zone 3b and I know several people with pears (it's my list). My local greenhouse gets in a few hardy pears She has several specimens growing on her land and they do well. The fruit is a little smaller and harder than I'm used to but still tasty. I plan on putting in a pair of pears this spring. We're 3a
That's what I was wondering if it's not going to be much better than untreated wood than it's not worth the trouble.
I add it to bread or muffins.
Yikes! My hardware store has a product (can't remember it's name) that is just linseed oil. It's still going to be a fire hazard but it doesn't have any of the other stuff added. I'm just wondering if it's really going to work. Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl I know very little about linseed, but found this site by the Dept of Health and Human Services. http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...ds&id=16009014 Looks like you could look up...
So inspiring. http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_...th_a_fish.html
Grape juice concentrate will give you a lavender colour. I'm not sure if he would have a reaction to this but we sometimes decorate eggs with tissue paper. Use the kind of tissue paper that does NOT say that it won't bleed. Tear off small pieces of tissue in various colours and wrap them around the egg. Then use a spray bottle to wet the tissue. The dye from the tissue will bleed and stain the egg. Once the tissue is dry you can remove it. It makes a nice tie dye...
Anyone? I'm talking about raw linseed oil not boiled which can have lots of other nasty stuff added.
Quote: Originally Posted by Teensy Do you definitely want candy? I have been giving books as goody presents for the last few years. You can order books from Amazon for about $3 each, or you can find $1 books at Scholastic (but with fewer choices). I pick books that go with the theme (a DK Rocks and Minerals books when the party included gem mining, a Golden Books Peter Pan book when that was the theme, and "Good Night, Good Knight" for DD's castle...
I have some pieces of old wool carpet that I'm going to attach to the bottom of the box. I figure it will take some time for it to break down but it will be ultimately biodegradable. Hopefully by the time it broken down I'll have the situation under better control in the rest of the garden. I'm looking at a long term project of changing the nutrient profile of the soil so that it is no longer as hospitable to the weeds. I'm not sure how this will work with the mint but the...