or Connect

Posts by mamamerle

She has been waking every 4-5 hours previous to this. I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke. I tweaked my back today and could use the rest.
I hope your back feels better quickly. You can wear a baby in a ring sling comfortably if you fan it across your back. If it's bunched up, it will hurt you (as you now know). We started DTD on day 15. My midwife asked me at my 6 wk appt if we were back at it. No worries. I have to say it gets better every time. Last night was... um... *really* nice for me. ;-)
Ada let me sleep for EIGHT hours!   She nursed, I changed her diaper, and she is crashed out again.
Ada and I are almost over our first cold together.   Becky, I hope you heal soon. After having my VBAC, I can safely say I truly don't understand why someone would volunteer for a section over natural childbirth. Natural recovery is soooo much better.   Ada has taken a bottle a few times at home, so today we tried it with someone else without me being around. My MIL watched her while we put up a fence in the back yard. Unfortunately, she called me back in...
I will NIP anytime the little one needs it. No problems here. In fact, just today she was being a little fussy (after being the the truck for hours while we ran errands) and someone asked if it was dinnertime for the baby... Um, I just nursed her while we were talking. He didn't even realize I had just fed her! I'm sly like that. ;-) I can also nurse handsfree with a ring sling. About the "learn to nurse" comment... Last week I came into the bedroom and saw Cady snuggled...
Complaint: I am sooo ready for this cold/chest crap to be over. The "I'm coughing so much and so hard that I can't help but pee in my pants" bit is getting old. Feel good: my little chunky monkey is so chunky! She is getting fat rolls on her legs. I want to nibble on her! And she has started to coo.
I'll play. I was at 145 pounds pre-pregnancy. I got up to 189 before birthing the little one, dropped some weight, then it stopped. Last week I stepped on the scale at 170 lbs, but this horrible chest congestion / sinus crap that I have endured for the past few days has brought me down to 165 lbs. Not a healthy way to drop weight, but I'll take it. I'm supposed to be starting back to work tomorrow, but am still coughing and weak. I am getting back into my Paleo...
Quote: My three year old seems to thing screaming is an acceptable form of communication. Coupled with the fact she talks all.the.time. Ugh.      I am happy to report the Pod People returned my husband this morning. He got up early (for him), took the two older kids out for breakfast and to run errands. Came back and actually checked on me. Then took the kids out for lunch. Ran another errand. Came home and checked on me again. And took the kids to the park to feed...
Elove, your day sounds so nice. AFM, today sucked. My 'I think it's just allergies' has turned into full blown 'please don't let this be a sinus infection'. I have so much pressure that my teeth ache. It swings between completely stuffed and draining right out. My ears are randomly stuffed up and I'm running a low grade fever. Even Ada has congestion. Unfortunately, I have had so much fluids, I woke up engorged. And she barely wants to nurse. I've pumped more today that...
I told DH just last night that I was only slightly concerned that Ada hadn't pooped in a few days. However, she has been farty. Apparently she was listening and didn't want her Mama to worry... I just changed a poop filled diaper! And I mean filled! LOL