or Connect

Posts by aprilushka

Quote: Originally Posted by notwonamesalike Typically, children in bilingual households will start to talk later as they are learning two languages. If she's hearing English outside of the home it could explain the delay. I know, but she really doesn't hear English hardly at all, which is why I'm not putting it down to that. I've decided to stop wringing my hands and just do the evaluation shortly before she turns 30 months, couldn't hurt.
I have the same concerns. DD is 28 months and doesn't say more than 10 or so words (including animal sounds) and seems to be trying to say things but nothing comes out clearly, it just sounds like "shh errr shhh" sort of thing. I will get an evaluation if she doesn't improve much after 30 months, but this is a whole other issue for us because we don't speak English at home and I don't want any mistakes in her evaluation just because she doesn't understand English. I...
I just came across this for some reason I don't remember what and it just about bust my gut -- esp Madonna and her ventilatory... the wikipedia entry on Russian "olbanski" http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%...BA%D0%B8%D0%B9
Oh, I would never post there again and argue with them (total waste of time). I just sometimes look there, you know, like watching trash tv. Since I don't watch trash tv (or any regular tv programming), I guess I have this little trash need that's fulfilled by checking them out, as well as the pink nevyesta forum. What I've noticed is that the incidence of bad grammar and lack of spelling has significantly increased along with the emmm... bad attitudes. ...
Are these first years? How about childrens' songs -- "Жили у бабуси" anyone? The lyrics are really easy to catch in kids' songs. BTW, EVC, I was just browsing our old haunt for some kicks and saw that our dear old furry friend from Princeton has got himself an American невеста at last.
I can't get into those Perestroika era guys too much, too 70s oriented hard rock style for my taste, I tend to find it kind of grating (whereas I love 90s Brit pop rock style and hence Mumiy Troll), although I recognize their importance and certainly would much rather listen to them than silly Russian commercial pop, which seems to only get sillier with every year. DH has met Shevchuk a couple of times -- an artist friend of ours from Ufa knows him pretty well. Kudos...
I'm just shocked Ruki Vverkh is still around. Didn't those Ivanushki guys (or whatever they were called) go the way of the Backstreet Boys a long time ago? We also tried to see Zemfira a while back, but then she didn't come in the end (it was New York I think) and I don't think we got our money back either.
Sorry, the Amura tiger, not the snow leopard -- or the album is in the tiger's honor and the group generally supports their conservation (and other endangered big cats). I confess I do not know the difference between the two, I'll have to go wikipedia it. From the nashe radio site: Пластинка будет наименоваться не иначе как «Амба». В честь, как ни странно, амурского тигра. Вообще, запутанная история: вроде бы Илья Игоревич является чуть ли не патроном...
I just have to share -- I went to see Mumiy Troll last week in concert (the first concert we've been to post kids). It was really good (they were always my favorite Russian band), although DH was convinced it would have been more exciting to go the one in St Petersburg we couldn't get into 10 years ago when they were fresh and "the bomb". Whatever. I was quite happy to see them in the States, in a club with a much more intimate atmosphere than probably we could get in...
I'm avoiding computer games until my kids find out about them and really twist my arm, but if you "Гуглить" или "Яхуевать" (add those two to their Russian vocablulary ) "полезные компьютерные игры для детей" you get a lot of hits, including this list on one site: Развивающие компьютерные игры: http://www.solnet.ee/games/g1.html Развивающие детские FLASH-ИГРЫ http://www.baby.com.ua/igr.html - Подборка замечательных развивающих флеш-игр (счет, форма, английские слова...