or Connect

Posts by aprilushka

I am a lawyer and freelance writer who wrote "Lactation and the Law" in the recent Mothering http://www.mothering.com/articles/ne...ation-law.html . I am now researching an article on workplace pumping laws and was hoping the moms on this subforum might be able to help me. I have a list of questions and am also looking for women who would be willing to be interviewed for the article. You can respond on this thread but if you are willing to be included in the article, I...
On getting kids to eat more vegetables with clever recipies like meatballs with kale. Is it worth buying? Did it help anyone? Is there a better one? DH is not being very cooperative (who cooks the most) on getting the kids to eat more veggies. They're not bad on fruit, although he gives them more juice/canned fruit than I would like. Veggies are a problem except in soup and it's just not enough. His attitude is that he didn't eat vegetables much as a kid and it's...
Hmmm... I never read any breastfeeding books (other than the parts in Sears baby book) and only used LLL's site for latch technical help. I guess it's a good thing. I will say that I tried a local NFL message board for a while and in comparison with them, Mothering is positively embracing of WOHM The class/race undertone of the whole divide also bothers me, but of course many of those who are most strident will not understand, just as they don't understand other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Lilya I am as American as they come. Next year will be 400 years that my family is here. My husband is Russian. Congratulations! I am also a many generational American married to a Russian. My kids' names are Pyotr and Nadezhda.
Does your employer have an emergency childcare referral service? I would look into it-- this scenario is only if your kid gets sick, right? I would also try to wear your DH down-- it may take a while, but maybe he'd come around after a while.
First time 12 months, second time around 14 I stopped completely. Evening nursing and weekend midday/evening until 2 years.
My kids go to bed pretty late (around 10 -- it was 11, but DS goes to preschool now twice a week at 9), and always have, so that helps having more time together. They often hang out or eat themselves while I'm eating (either what DH made or a quick salad for myself). We then read, draw, or do something together until bedtime, taking turns reading between DS and DD since they are not to the point where I can read the same book to interest both, plus I have DS read some to...
I don't read the magazine very often, and then just take it for what it is -- a production of a pretty small group of people with their own particular views. These boards encompass a much wider and more diverse group. I have sort of learned to compartementalize a lot of stuff on these boards -- you have to when there's so many coming here. The fact we have this subforum means there isn't hostility or total exclusiveness, and a lot of other topics on the board don't...
What can you do with black and white lentils (from Indian store)? I've had some sitting around for a long time now and have never figured out what to do with them. Also, would they still be okay to eat after a year or er... two?
At least four women in my law department of a government agency have 3 kids, and two of them are high up in the management structure. There is a good chance we'll have one more. That would be it though b/c I (for me personally) feel that's all I can handle in developing the kind of relationship I want with each kid individually.