or Connect

Posts by hairpin

Here's how I thought of my birth, and it helped a lot even though I didn't realize it at the time... You have a RIGHT to have a natural birth and share in the life-giving experience all mothers have had through the generations. It is a gift to you.
I think it's actually easier to do a natural birth than it is to be medicated. It means your body can work at the pace that it was made to. I gave birth in a hospital. It was painful, but not painful like breaking a leg or anything I would naturally associate a hospital with. We had fun... especially at the beginning and watched "Princess Bride" on a laptop computer. The hospital staff was very supportive, and I feel like they were a great blessing to me. The only...
Thanks for the replies. The advice is really helpful. I am going to keep trying to find a class locally through my obgyn or church. It seemed like they frowned on NFP as they did not offer it to me as an option after my son was born. But I will be persistent. I'm really TIRED of taking the pill every day. Years and years of taking it has to have negative effects on my body. But if that fails the correspondence courses look good. Also I need to be educated enough to...
I just ordered one of these onbuhimos from peppermint.com. I haven't gotten it, so I can't give you my personal opinion. But a reviewer mentioned that it is good if you're pregnant as it ties above your belly. And I think it would work well. http://store.peppermint.com/onbuhimo.html
I am very excited to try a language immersion daycare for my 10 month old son. But I do have some fears. Could the potential benefit of learning another language be a drawback? Currently the school we are looking at teaches Scandinavian languages and culture. I think it will be great. My son is not Scandinavian however. I am of general European origin, mostly German. My husband is full-blood Filipino. So besides English, my son already gets a few dialects used by...
Quote: Originally Posted by hairpin I'm going to be looking into a Reggio Emilia-based infant day center for our baby to arrive in the spring. We're planning on using them 3 days a week, when he will be 2 months old... I was so excited about using the nearby RE daycare. But when my son was born, I just couldn't bring myself to put him into daycare. Now that he's walking and 10 months, I think RE daycare/school would be great. I ended up calling...
I am thinking about learning how to do Natural Family Planning and need some advice. I am tired of taking the pill. It seems rather useless since I haven't had my period yet. My son is just 10 months old and still likes nursing. I thought I would be free from having to worry about getting pregnant, since I'm breastfeeding and haven't gotten a period yet. But after reading posts here, I'm pretty scared that I could actually be fertile now. : Can someone point me to...
Hi hi. I wouldn't bother too much about playing Vanguard now. It's a beta. Lots of crashing, chugging, things don't work. But that's because they're working on it. I haven't even bothered to change my graphics settings, because it's crashing quite often and I don't see the point. It reminds me of DAoC a bit. Never played EQ. Never played SWG. The interface and quest system is wow-like. I am not impressed with the lore. Honestly I think it's hard for any game to...
Hi Mommies. Been so long since I've been here. I mostly pop in about every 3 months. It's good to hear about the development of your little ones. And yes aren't they amazing blessings? Lucian is almost 9 months. Happy... active. Very active. He likes to hit me, touch my face, hold on to my finger and wave his arm around with it, turn over on his stomach ... all while nursing. He likes to sit up while nursing too. I'm not sure if this is normal. I'm not worrying too...
Been FOREVER sinced I posted or browsed. But I've been busy. I work 3 full days a week, which is awesome because it leaves me 2 full days to be with my little one plus the weekend. Luc is 6.5 months now. Not growing as crazy as he was before, but still in the median. So all is well. He loves boob time. I try to get him to eat solids and all he'll try is the mesh feeder. He absolutely hates cereal. He's been teething forever, but still nothing has shown up. Favorite...