or Connect

Posts by ZachsMommy

I had flat nipples and had a terrible time nursing my first DS. BUT I was lucky that my Doc had noticed it and had suggested using nipple sheilds or protectors when nursing. So after the first night of hell I sent DH to the store to pick up some nipple sheilds and the worked! I used the Avent Nipple Protector but you can buy the Medela brand as well(I had to for DS2 cause I couldn't find Avent). The link for the Avent is...
I think what you're talking about is a Foley Catheter. It's supposed to manually open the cervix to start contractions or just get something going down there if you haven't dialated yet. I had it with my DS but it didn't do a darn thing but was REALLY uncomfortable. They did it as a pre-curser to my induction (which failed).
My friend allows her 7 year old to walk to school himself. It's about 2 blocks away and he has only 1 street to cross (right in front of the house). She sends him with a walkie-talkie and they talk all on the way there and after school he has to check in when he's leaving via walkie-talkie and they usually end up blabbing all the way home. Works out great
Oooo - just noticed this post. My first thought was the temperature of the milk. My DS liked to have his formula quite warm. Like warm tea warm (YKWIM??? ) Another thought was that he may not like the taste of the brand of formula or the type. My DS did NOT like powdered formula - he preferred liquid and it HAD to be Similac - not Enfalac/Enfamil brand
I was a 4-Her and I LOVED it!! You learn all kinds of interesting things. We did speeches and cook-offs (we were a Crafts and Cooking 4-H Club) and we had sleepovers and get-togethers at nearby restaurants to learn about how things were made. In the summer we went to camps and did crafts and archery and went on hikes, swimming, canoeing, etc. It was fantastic and I hope if I have a girl she can join something like it too. It really was a learnng experience - especially...
Well, I'm not a vegetarian but before getting pg with my DS I rarely ate meat (just didn't want any) and was a carboholic and veggie-nut But when I became pregnant I CRAVED meat like there was no tomorrow. I would want chicken wings in the middle of the night and could eat 2 or 3 hamburgers(no bun or toppings) to myself This time before my pregnancy I had been eating more of a balanced (read: was eating more portions of meat than before) and found that I really...
I am also on the side of every child is different. Some children are ready for solids sooner than other children. It varies and you should follow your child's cues not some arbitrary age that a bunch of doctors set up. If your child is exhibiting signs of readiness (ie - sitting on his own, reaching for food, acting hungrier) then I say introduce a low allergen food or something that is safer like avocado or bananas pureed with breastmilk or something. It's not like...
My DS has done both but prefers to stand like daddy He doesn't really miss the bowl and I don't have messes to clean up; he's actually made more messes from sitting - he doesn't remember to point his penis down and has peed through the crack between the seat and bowl Go with standing or sitting - teach both and see which he prefers. to you!
I am currently in the midst of potty training my 30 month old. And honestly, we really just took his cue. Since he was around 24 months old we would offer the potty option if we were going or when he was naked and going into the tub or if Daddy was peeing outside while camping(that was a great treat for DS - he loves to pee outside ) We always asked if he wanted to go and if he did then it was great and we gave a ton of praise and clapping. Otherwise, we didn't say...
Welcome to Winter! I think that if you're going to be in a cold climate for the rest of the winter then I would defintely suggest buying a snow wardrobe. Overall ski pants with a warm winter jacket(usually comes in a set), Cold weather rated snow boots, mitts that are nylon on the outside and fleece on the inside and a toque or balaclava. I'm a scarf worrier so I don't let my DS wear one (something about it wrapped around his neck bugs me ) They (and you) ...