or Connect

Posts by e.naomisandoval

I'm not sure what others will say but my guess is at 21 months, you don't factor it in much. It's just not a lot of calories. For example, I was factoring in calories burned when calculating how many calories I needed to eat and then not losing weight. The bottom line is, if you are not losing weight, eat fewer calories. There are so many calculators out there that base it off different things. I have had the best results basing my calories off lean body mass and activity...
Quote: Originally Posted by DashsMama I've been doing the South Beach diet for a little over a month and have lost 17 pounds so far. I have an injured knee so I haven't been able to exercise like I had planned, but it is still working. Wow! Awesome results! Do what you can for exercise. It doesn't have to be something that bothers your knee. I highly recommend weight training. And I mean heavy weights. But start slow with that.
Quote: Originally Posted by julie80 Wow Naomi! That's quite the transformation. Thanks for sharing this and it's quite inspiring that you did all of that in 12 weeks. Maybe I just need to suck it up and make the commitment and do one of those programs like Turbulence Training. Don't forget the rest of what I put: Diet diet diet diet! Turbulence Training is wonderful and great fun and it makes you look good once the extra body fat comes off....
Diet diet diet diet diet. And I've put other tips in my essay here: http://www.transformationcontest.com...10/naomi.shtml
Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn R So besides Naomi's list of things that can help de-stress (doing fun things every day, decluttering house, etc) what have the rest of you found to be helpful for controlling anxiety, staying present in the moment instead of worrying, and so on? Blessings to all! Being grateful. Taking time to really count blessings and feel them. Knowing we all face quite similar issues and challenges (somehow, I didn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bettercare Honestly.....this motivation thing is really difficult....unless ur mind is totally focused on wat u want to achieve. May be you could set up certain goals to do in ur day......and go about that slowly....till it becomes a habit Nah! Get belief. As in, it can be done! You can make the changes you want. And it's not as hard as you think. I looked at a lot of before and after photos and it's great that...
Why oh why are all my forum replies going into my spam folder? Until I checked it the the other day, I'd totally not realized. Oopsies! Okay, the meditation can be listening to a podcast from iTunes but I don't always do that because somehow I wake up when it stops. So here is what I devised. It's maybe sort of like yoga. Anyway, it's helped me stave off anxiety attacks. I should preface this by saying it's important to get up early and go to bed early. The key to being...
I think that's everyone who needs to lose weight. And I think one of the keys is in learning how to be less stressed. I know, easier said than done. But don't you just know some people who seem to let stuff roll off their backs more easily? I have improved in some areas and did much better after learning about this whole cortisol--stress-belly fat link. And sleep is part of it all as well; you must get enough good solid sleep in order to allow the body to do what it needs...
Get some ideas online. Lots of free stuff. http://www.exercisetv.tv/ Or on youtube, look for videos by any of the following:craig ballantyne turbulence training scott colby holly rigsby The previous list contains lots of quick body weight workouts that you can easily do from home. Holly is also the Fit Yummy Mummy website. Craig and Turbulence Training are one and the same. Scott Colby used to run boot camps mainly for women.
Does this help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7BsH8KfByM