or Connect

Posts by babytoes

I love your story of how you and your DH got together... How very perfect!    My sisters ex husband is a horrendous alcoholic, they had 2 kids together ages 23 and 25 now, and boy do those kids suffer because of their dads inability to get better (and he's hit rock bottom a few times, admitted into the ER from extreme internal bleeding, but he can't ever seem to get better). I love hearing about the success stories, and I am so proud of you for getting better! I have...
I had a huge scare last night... DP and I both had a huge scare, I should say. I had a long weekend, DS3 was sick on Friday and didn't go to school, he was running a temp and just sort of sleepy and groggy. So I was dealing with that, plus DS2 started to act funny on Saturday although it never turned into much, thank God! By the time last night rolled around I was feeling up for some sexy time with DP. Right after we had sex, he noticed some blood on him, I freaked out!...
I agree.. My parents have a bidet, and they love it! I wish I was able to use it, it is much better than a peri.    I am going to have to try the witch hazel in the peri, that sounds devine!
What are your plans for this birth? Hospital, birth center, home birth? And what effect has your previous births had on your goals for this one?
So I have to let you all know, I am going to be heading out, to do my 5 hour drive and pick up my boys, very soon here. I will jump back on as soon as I can. I just wanted you all to know what I am doing and not answering questions! I'll be on the road...
This will be my first home birth, and I am very excited! DS2 and DS3 were born in a Birth Center with midwives, a very pro-natural birth center actually. My first was in a hospital. All of my labors and deliveries have been pain med free, and with DS2 I had pitocin because they were scared of my spilling protein into my urine from pre-e. That was by far the worst labor I had ever had. But, I learned a lot from it, and when I went into labor with DS3, the overseeing doctor...
I wasn't always so crunchy. But I had the roots for it you could say. My father has been a vegetarian since the early 70's, long before it was "in". Myself and my siblings were raised veggies, but we all eat meat now. Also, my sister had 2 LO's when my first DS was born, and even though I was only 17 years old, she helped me to nurse him, and I ended up breastfeeding him until he was 16 months old! Quite a feat for a teenager, this also is why I find it difficult to...
We love to travel, and plan to do a lot of it once the baby is old enough to either take along or leave with one of the grandparents. We would like to take her to Disney when she's about 5 or so. We've already been to Disney, two years ago he was going with his mom (it's sort of a family thing for him, he's gone with his mom 6-7 times and with his dad just as many times! They love Disney!), and out of the blue she invited me to come along, she paid for my flight and...
It was the most difficult thing I have ever done... Usually by Wednesday I miss them so much, but I know that everything will work out okay. Their father, although a total turd, loves them with every fiber of his being. I actually feel bad for him when they come to live with us full time, I'm not sure he will handle it very well, as he has allowed his world to revolve around them. But when the time comes, I am taking my boys back!   I wish that I saw Nick more, I saw him...
We are looking for land that is about 45 minutes closer to were the boys live with their dad, but that is about as far as we can go with out it becoming a long commute for Jason. But in the larger picture, as soon as we have a house, it will be pretty easy for us to get the boys with us full time. we will have the much more stable environment (their father is in his 3rd serious relationship, meaning the 3rd girl to move in with them all). I love her, but I have liked all...