or Connect

Posts by babytoes

Spughy yes, the Italian pronunciation is what I was aiming for although I was saying it more like {Lu-she-AH-na}... but I like your version as well. My mother is Italian and has been begging us to use something Italian weather first or middle. Not that we are determining a name simply for her (DP had it on a list he came up with), but she would be beyond thrilled with this choice. Same with Liliana, it also has Italian roots.    Scruffy I too have been bitten with...
Oh that is so funny!! That was exactly what DP said when I texted the name and the pronunciation to him... he texted back "Alien??" Hmmm... maybe that one should be nixed.    I Love Sylvie!! But DP said nope right off... These men are so difficult aren't they!? I say, if he likes it use it, it has such a pretty sound.
Thanks Spughy, you help me to look at it differently. I never stopped to asks the questions from the midwives, just got annoyed immediately (blame it on the baby!). I know its silly to be bothered by it, and I totally agree it would be good to know if I did have it then I could control it with diet and we both, baby and I, will be healthier for it. I was just looking forward to a non intervention pregnancy and birth, although I have pretty much had that, other than the...
Okay, so I've been pretty quiet on this thread because the name game (errr well... battle really) in our house has been pretty intense. And we have been super annoyed with friends and family constantly asking about names... then giving us their opinion, because we really care if you don't like a name because so and so was a jerk to you in grade school... pppfffttt!!! Since this seemed to be an on going problem, we decided to tell everyone, parents included, that we would...
I have to get the glucose test done next time I see our midwives. I was NOT happy about it, I asked what my options were and she basically said I didn't have any, that they needed the data because a. my age b. I have had big babies (how that is relevant is beyond me, and my largest baby DS2 was 9.8... not exactly huge if you ask me! My sister had much larger 10.3 being her last and biggest) c. my grandfather had diabetes (again, I am baffled by that logic, since he was...
I have four tattoos   My first is a "tramp stamp"...{{ugh}}  Not exactly my favorite name for tattoos in that area. But, alas, I have one so whatever! Its a simple black swirl design that I semi-designed and loved. I got it when I was about 19. When I got it the artist was suppose to make the middle look like a glass orb, but instead it ended up looking like a blob. Frustrated I went to another artist about two years later and he botched it up even worst... I've...
Yes, thanks Spughy, I too didn't have a second to one either... Been doing baby shower stuff with my MIL all week! Fun, but busy!! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you all soon though.
Yes yes!! Me too!
Cravings... Oh yes! Red meat, sushi, iced coffee, I crave all of these, but the strangest thing so far is Honest Ade. I never drink juice, maybe a tiny bit here and there, but I have to stock up on pomegranate Honest Ade every time I'm at the grocery store I drink so much. Very weird.   I also have been craving red wine and beer like some of you. DP gives me a few sips of his beer when he has one, and its always so yummy! I've wanted to indulge in a small glass of...
Awww!! Thanks guys! Sarah you've got such a cute belly!