or Connect

Posts by babytoes

I was eating dates like they were going out of style over the holiday's. I didn't realize they were good for labor/deliver until a few days ago, but now that I know, I'm going to go get some. Six a day sounds good, and easy for me... I adore dates!   At my 39 week appointment yesterday (I'll officially be 39 on Friday) I told them about how the contractions where low and into my cervix. They both agreed that I most likely doing a lot of effacing at this point....
I am going to have Cynthia sticky this to the top... But now that we have babies, I will try to keep this updated.    Jodieanneanton had a BOY on 2.20.13 at 2:14pm "a surprise footling breech!" Birth Story   veganyogamomma had a GIRL on 2.20.13 ~ 7lbs. 14oz ~ 20in. ~ Birth Story   Melany had a GIRL on 2.22.13 ~ 6lbs. 3oz. ~ 17in. ~ Birth Story    maydaymom10 had a GIRL on 2.24.13 ~ 7lbs. 3oz ~ 19.75in. ~ "born in the caul!" ~ Birth...
Can you take it apart and wash all the fabric parts? Thats what I would do. Just strip it and wash it 12 times... 
I have been up around 4am for three morning in a row now. It's very annoying, and the contractions I am having do not feel like they're accomplishing anything at all, they're not painful but they are crampy, like the period pains we've all been complaining about. I am so tired, too. Yesterday I took a 2.5 hours nap, and then went to bed early as well. Although, I was awake this morning around 4:30am... ugh!   I have a midwife appointment today, we're picking up the...
Just coming online... YAY!!! Babies are coming!!   Sending loving labor vibes to you Jodie...    CONGRATS to VYM!!!
I just got back from the grocery store, and let me tell ya, that was NO fun. I am having so much of this butt pressure it was hard to waddle around the isles! I was trying to walk normal, but it felt like my hips were falling out of their joints...   And the nesting!! I am freaking out that we still need a few things on the birth list... like a baby thermometer (with a pos GBS test, we are suppose to take the baby's temp every few hours so DP ordered one on amazon...
Being your first baby, what sort of things are you feeling? Is there anything that's making you nervous, or are you totally prepared and ready to get the show on the road?
Hahahaha!!! EXACTLY Buko!!! 
Is anyone else getting this feeling? Last week baby dropped, than two days later she dropped more and my hips started getting wicked achy, and I feel like I have a bowling ball between my legs! Than Thursday I started feeling a huge amount of pressure in my butt, like that feeling that you need to take a BM, but you really don't. I haven't felt birthy at all until the last two days or so. And now the BH have kicked it up a notch again too... Sheesh!   I want to have...
I have not abstained from much of anything, except my daily ration of wine! I have a bottle of red waiting, but I also want to get a decent champagne for our birthday celebration. I think I am going to make up a slow cooker recipe (although I am still up in the air as to what) when labor starts. As long as I have everything ready to just toss together, I think it should be doable.