or Connect

Posts by courtenay_e

try lunch time.
Yup. A lot of my friends and clients use him. and love him! I also like that they are open 24 hours...they call it a prompt care but don't charge prompt care prices, just charge office visit co-pay. Our peds are at 18.5 and Mound. They don't know much about breastfeeding (call LLL for that), but are comfy with all the other stuff, and are "supportive" of breastfeeding as long as it's going well or you have a plan. Being in contact with LLL with help you to have...
My mom (I just asked her) said that when she was on the burn unit they used ivory soap for debridment. Dunno if that's better, haven't looked at the ingredients lately. But it was 20 years ago, too. So the ingredients may have changed.
I have seen so many marriages end because of birthwork being stressful...it has to be HARD to be the spouse of a birth worker. I have missed Christmas, Easter, New Years, my dd's sixth birthday party, cleaning for my son's birthday party three years in a row. We have to drive two cars around on Christmas Eve because of the scope of where my family, his family, and my clients are, TONS of gas times two. He gets up in the middle of the night, loads my car, warms it up,...
Seriously? Knowing what I know about birthwork now, and the lifestyle it entails? I had kids already when I realized this was my path. If my husband wasn't supportive, I wouldn't have lasted very long. As it is, when I realized that this is what I wanted to do (and we had just finished paying off my school loans from college), I went to him hat in hands and explained to him that I had found my path in life. He was thrilled for me. He knew that I had always (since...
Quote: Originally Posted by scifimom They use dreft for burn healing at our local e.r. Haven't heard of it for perineal soaks yet though, gross. OMG, this freaks me out, too. My mother was a burn victim, and I cannot imagine all of that petroleum being sucked into her body...NOT what you need when your body is trying to heal that much trauma! There are many other, healthier things they could use--like honey (there are some wonderful studies...
I googled "where can I buy a Sonotrax probe?" and got Edan's direct website. You should be able to call the 800 number there and talk to a human who can help you find the probe for your particular doppler.
I ask for a heads up call to put my ducks in a row with my kids, and then an "I need you to come now" call, when I toss the kids in the car, drop them to my in-laws, and go. It does state in my contract that depending on time of day and traffic patterns it may take me longer than an hour to get there (which it obviously would in this case as you live an hour away). My contract says that if we have done our two prenatal visits and I have not made it due to my negligence...
*nods* we travel an hour and twenty minutes to see my husband's surgical oncologist. I would flight him to the same hospital if he stroked out again, too, the care he got locally stunk in a major way, and he could get there fast enough via copter to get the care he needed in a suitable amount of time. But those are not examples of normal healthy people.
Quote: Originally Posted by dezprincesscc The sound has been disabled on this, but it is still an awesome video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFVkDV45MM Thanks for posting this, was going to if nobody had yet!