or Connect

Posts by phnx0221

It happened with my daughter too. I felt so bad for my husband, because he really wanted to bond with her. Now though, they've seemed to have gotten the hang of each other, they play and laugh together really well. Her first word was "dada" (probably because I said it to her all the time hoping that her first word would be that, to make him happy ). She's almost 9 months old now, and they are the best of friends. I think it started when she was about 6 months, when they...
^^ Wow, that's really cool! I'll bet you were stoked! Niet. Hm...I'll have to remember that one. I like it!
I think I should add, that although my Kat can say about 7 words now, she can't say them consistently. She has to be in the mood for play, or for babbling. Then, they usually come out, when she's seriously focused with something. The only word she uses consistently is dada, oh, and mama, but only when she's upset and really wants my attention. So, for the moms who are concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. They're all sounding out words at this point, and most doctors have...
my baby's first word was dada. She's 9 months old (almost) and has been babbling for quite a while now. The other day, I was in the kitchen with her. She had pulled herself up so that she was standing, supported by the fridge. I was washing dishes, and listening to her babble "dada...dadadada....dada". I absentmindedly said "yeah, dada". I turned around, and realized that she was pointing to a picture of my husband playing with her and saying "dada!" : How cute is...
Gosh, thank you all so much. I feel TONS better now! I've spent the better part of three weeks freaking out whenever a large piece of food (large meaning, not mushy baby food lol) came near her, I should have just posted here in the first place!
Quote: Originally Posted by Joannarachel Aren't babies amazing? You super-clean the house and then they find the TINIEST piece of debris you would SWEAR was invisible to the nekkid eye, and they shove it in their mouths My goodness I KNOW! I was flabbergasted! I felt terrible, then realized, man, it's a freaking piece of clear plastic tape. Under the desk. How in the heck was I supposed to see that?! Well, now I'm scanning the floor like I'm a...
Quote: Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre Any time she goes to put something in her mouth I tell her it's not a good thing to put in there and to hand it to me. I've been doing it for sometime now. You know what? She now BRINGS things to ME that she knows she shouldn't munch on. That's awesome! When did you start doing that? I guess it doesn't really matter, the earlier the better? So far, my daughter understands what no means, and if I...
Thanks, that really does help to hear that it's okay to baby my baby (she is a baby after all ), and that it's natural to worry like this after a scary incident. I'm not a clean freak, I'm not overly paranoid about the cleaning thing (vacuuming once a day is enough for me , after that it's just grabbing things that happen to fall on the floor). I just feel as though my fear of her choking is hindering her, but at the same time, large lumps of food just don't seem right,...
When my daughter first learned to crawl, I did an entire clean sweep of my house. I've been vacuuming the floor every day, making sure there are no small objects on the floor that she can choke on, moved chemicals, etc. However, less than three weeks ago, she somehow managed to get a hold of a small piece of clear plastic tape that both I and the vacuum missed. She started choking, and was red faced, couldn't breathe, the whole nine yards for almost a whole minute. I...
: Quote: Originally Posted by EVC Wow, ryleeee, that's really a crappy way to start the day (Sorry, couldn't resist ) :