or Connect

Posts by firecat

does it really take 30 min to sterilize?   I thought more like 5-10 but maybe I am wrong....
 I am not uping but I haven't had any ultrasounds during the course of my prenatal care (w/ cnms). 
I am so sorry   Thank you for this beautiful quote.  I am going to write it out and read it to myself in labor.  I am going to do it this time.  Yes. :)    
welcome ladies :)   dayiscoming : well I think just writing it all out and thinking it through helped me :)  I am sure it will all be fine.  We have a few people we could call to come and get him/stay with him if it was really necessary but right now I am planning to labor and probably birth with him there.  
Well that is good to know about first vs second babies.  I never heard that before.  Baby may be head down now, but this one is very active and seems to turn and flip a lot.  And I don't enjoy the low kicks, it is such a weird sensation. But yeah, it is nice not to have feet up under my ribs.    I am starting to have some of the same fears from last time, basically related to my dh not being on board with a uc.  If he will be upset if I don't call him in time for the...
So I am in this place too, just like last time.  My dh has expressed he would be uncomfortable with even a homebirth with a midwife.  Although we haven't really discussed it this time around.  Last time I thought I would maybe not call him when I was in labor/ ready to birth and just do it all by myself but I kinda freaked out a little bit and ended up calling him.  I just felt like he would be really upset to miss the birth and i couldn't handle the negative feelings...
Well I am right there with you mama     I gained 9 pounds in 2 weeks at my appt on tuesday.  Turns out it was partly water retention probably from the NC vacation I took the week before, as I weighed myself today and I am down to 155 instead of the 159 I was on tuesday.   Of course that means I still gained 5 pounds over 2 weeks but anyway... I was quite concerned for a few days there, thinking - what if there's twins?  what if its preeclampsia? - but i suppose i...
I've also heard a course of echinacea (two weeks, once a day) will help you test neg.  I was taking echinacea last time during the time of my test because I was sick (I was neg), but i am considering taking it this time time just for this reason. good luck!   eta: my midwife informed me last time that gbs is one of those things that once you test pos, you will always test pos (there is nothing you can do to change that)  but I have heard so many people say they did...
hehe this is what I said to myself the other day!    I started to panic at this point last time too...   I really need to deep clean this house, get baby stuff out, get the rest of stuff I need for baby (carseat, swing, diapers), we need to get the baseboards up in the living room (leftover project from getting hardwood put in almost 2 years ago), get garden up an running... oh man...   Anyway, I've been feeling much more pregnant lately too, it is just so hard to bend...
I know I realized the other day I really only have 10 weeks left, most likely.  I remember starting to panic a little last time at about this point about getting everything done I needed to do before the baby came.  Getting a little of that this time too but I keep telling myself that I will get it all done!  I'm 29 weeks now and Jackson came at 38.5 weeks so, yeah.  And I've been getting lots of b-h this week.  So I am going to try to work on my h2o intake.  We were on...