or Connect

Posts by Viewfinder

You're wrong about my child's condition, but thanks for all of your insight into how I'm probably wrong about this, and should just admit being too lazy to get my child to school on time, like you did here, and not wanting to give my primacy in caring for my child over to the school. It's good to be honest with yourself. But, that's not what's going on. But thanks for taking a stab at it. VF
Thank you ecoteat. I've always wanted to go to Maine. You perked up my day considerably. I feel like the DA has a lock on me and he is going to shoot no matter what. It's so sick and insane and disgusting, and patently WRONG for him to have so much power, and to be allowed to use it against me, of all freaking losers in the world, of all the criminal swine who are defiling our cities and towns, lakes and rivers and food and air, why is this punk obsessed with me? I...
I vascillate between exhaustion, denial, and fury on this. I can't believe that I have to be absent from my classes to go to court with that D.A. just coiled up to strike. That lawyer I had could not continue with me due to the constraints of her free legal aid office. I have to have my butt in the seat in class from 8 - 5 Monday through Friday under threat of dismissal. I'm there under an attendance contract myself!! I had excessive absenses fighting the case...
I'm notorious for being real firm about protecting our children. I read PTG, and it simply confirmed for me what I already knew, which de Becker, the author, announces in the beginnng: that we already KNOW what to do. You are doing right by your child, keeping your eyes on the ball, and THAT is hard to do when you've got Mr. Goes the Way the Wind Blows in your corner. You and your backbone are everybody on the team, gaby's mom, and thank goodness it's you and not...
I've been notified by the court that the judge has reversed allowing me to do a trial by declaration, even though it was submitted last month. I've been rescheduled for another court date, where it'll pretty much be, "pay fine; request a trial; or the unthinkable, jail." And right now, I am going to a school on a scholarship that requires my absolute 100% attendance all day, every day. If I devote any time to fighting this, I'll lose this opportunity, which is unique...
And, the chachkis that their students make them will add to the clutter in their classrooms and house, regardless of how wonderful and all that good stuff. Teachers do have hundreds of students over the years, and only so much room for thoughtful, meaningful, handmade with love gifts. Just a thought. Cash is nice. Gift certificates are nice, though not as convenient as cash, nor useful, and on teachers' pay, cash is awesome. And make it anonymous, please. Your kids...
Your dd needs to release her pent-up feelings of what clearly must be a lot of frustration, hurt feelings and anger. The poor kid. I'm guessing she's three or so? (sits up in bed crying, "hungry!") Maybe you could somehow make it a regular part of your getting her back home to pretty quickly get your dd outside for some free play. Do something physical, and preferably outdoors, and preferably in bare feet. The beach, a pathway; walk around the perimeter of a park....
Some behavior can ONLY be described as crazy. I have an sil who does the same thing with kids and ANY of her animals: dogs, cats, whatever. A bat could not fly overhead that she wouldn't instruct any children present to stop doing whatever they might be doing and LEARN the correctness of HER behavior toward the bat instead, which may include tongue-kissing it. No, she wouldn't let them tongue-kiss a bat: she would not share like that. I wish I was kidding. I wouldn't...
It sounds like all is well, and I'm so glad. Have a great weekend folks, VF
Quote: Originally Posted by MayBaby2007 The rules I have in place are what I believe in. I know that still won't keep her completely safe...but as her mom I think that's one of the many things I can do to prevent her to get hurt. Whether I'm right or wrong, this is a belief I'm very strong about. We all have our beliefs/parenting styles and I think we should all respect that. Exactly. I am 100% behind you and I'm sure plenty of others are,...