or Connect

Posts by darlintxmomma

i too am super anxious to start hanging our clothes out again. my hubby is gonna make me the mother of all clotheslines as soon as he gets his welder back. this thing will have 6 or 7 rows to hang stuff.: he made a joke about putting neon lights on top and it could probably be seen from space. i hope its soon though cause weve already hit 100 this year.
I have an organic vegetable garden for the first time this year and these darn ants have invaded every square inch of it. they built a nest in my strawberry hanging basket but had left all the tomatoes alone until today. i jsut went out to check on everything and they have invaded all 7 other hanging baskets and have eaten holes into my tomatoes and when i move them, the ants come pouring out. im beyond angry right now. what can i do to kill these suckers. they are all...
thanks.....i just wasnt sure if it should have been gushing blood to be safe. ill clean it good with peroxide when he wakes up. he exhausted himself crying and passed out.
my almost 4 year old unvaxed son just stepped on a rusty nail in the dirt out in our backyard. my hubby just replaced our back fence cause it was rotten and this nail must have hidden when he was cleaning up. its a nice puncture wound but i cant tell how deep it is but he did bleed for a short bit. no gushing or anything but enough that i had to wipe up a glob of blood from the floor when he put his foot down. do i need to take him in. as much as i hate the thought and...
thanks to you ladies, i ended up putting DD back on the boob about 1.5 hours after surgery. i felt fine and not drugged at all and she hasnt had any effects from it either. i pretty much had no choice cause she refused the bottle from DH. he even tried 4 different bottles and she was crying these HUGE tears looking at me like....'mom my food is RIGHT THERE' so i just told dh to stop trying the bottle and give her to me. I couldnt take it. She looked so sad. Now if only...
bluepetals, thanks so much for the link. i'll contact them. Tracy, I noticed that too but its been great info that I've received. and I'm glad to know that I'm not gonna have to go very long without breastfeeding, if at all. I appreciate the recommendation. It was the only brand I could remember so it is what I'm probably still gonna grab a can of just to have if we need it. Thanks.
its not the lithotripsy (sp?) its the ureteroscopy. the 7mm stone is stuck just at the base of the ureter cause its too big to fit thru and get into my bladder. they will go up the urethra, thru the bladder and into the ureter to laser it into smaller pieces and remove it that way. 1- i was given a 20% chance if it actually moving into the bladder on its own without meds and he was being generous with that 20%, 2- he said i could take a medication that would force it out...
HA, i just called the surgery center and they said not to breastfeed for 24 hours after the procedure. So I called my LC and left them a message to call me back because I don't want to take a chance but I totally disagree with the 24 hour waiting thing. The surgery coordinator is gonna call me back too once she talks with the anesthesiologist and try to find out exactly what meds will be used so I can look them up. I think we will be ok but my husband is still insistant...
i didnt think about a milk bank. that is definately a thought. thanks for mentioning it. the doc didnt give me a time frame for the meds to leave my system but he said it will take a while so there will be several hours to even the next day before i can resume breastfeeding. i figured i would just pump and dump in the meantime. i just got her 2.5 oz while she fed off one side i pumped the other. im sure at this rate my body is gonna go into supply overload since she...
i read a thread here a while back that dealt with this and cant find the link. i may have totally missed it. can someone help me link up to it or recommend the best formula (for a one day use) fo rmy breastfed baby. im having surgery wednesday for a kidney stone and lost my milk stash and never rebuilt it cause im never away from baby. the anesthesia is gonna make me pump and dump for a while and i know i cant build a big enough stash in just 1.5 days so i need something...