or Connect

Posts by wombatclay

Ooops...missed the "March" pagan thread boat! LOL time to catch up...   Till then... hope everyone is having a good month!
Thanks all.  My grandfather had so many adventures... he was 90 when he passed, with 6 children, 8 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren.  He was career Army (working mostly on the atomic projects my dad was born in Los Alamos), then he retired and decided to become a lawyer... he is sort of my model for "sequential careers"... I figure, ok, so I wont be a librarian with an honest to gods degree until I'm 41 or 42, but dang it all, that still gives me 40-50 years...
Well... dd3 is sick and we have a doctor appointment in a few hours (super high fever and fussiness so I'm thinking it's roseola + teething but we're overdue for a well baby visit anyway).  My broken tooth will be patched tomorrow and a dental plan worked out (our insurance will cover a bit, but only 40% and only up to 2000, so I'm thinking it wont go far lol).  But... my grandfather passed away yesterday and I'm just not finding my balance here.   :(   He was an...
doors- can't use paint (regular, magnetic, or chalboard) because dh got the wrong sort of wood.  Well, we /could/, but we'd have to use gobs of wood putty, then sand and prime first.  Which would be a big time/money issue.  Plus, the mag and chalkboard paints are super expensive... they're great for small crafts, but a four foot high by 20 foot long application would be insane.  A sheet of metal or actual chalkboard would be significantly cheaper, but even if we had the...
I play well online don't I?  giggle... I'm totally NOT together, though yesterday I hosted a playdate that was (in part) a training session on how to keep house!  My mom would be horrified (in addition to end of world scenarios, which she has been anticipating monthly since Hal Lindsey in the 80s, she is a beyond obsessive housecleaner... needless to say, my home does not pass muster).  But it was fun.  :)   I've been looking for godbox candidates!  LOL  And I had a...
Yay for getting some financial help!   hair- there are websites and (even better) youtube videos showing how.  I've always cut the kiddos' hair and I guess that gave me the confidence.  Though back in college I cut my hair (or let others cut my hair) all the time.  The classic "self inflicted avant garde hairstyle".  LOL  It helps though that I have a really basic style (as do my kids!) and honestly, I think that if you /can/ cut your own hair then that's a good...
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw them!  It was like the see/hear/know turned on its head into something positive-ish.  :)  I'll get a pic once our current round of diy stuff is cleaned up and the plastic drapes/layer of dust is gone.  lol
Ack... weekends are so tough, I need Monday to recover!  And would I believe I'd /ever/ say something like that?  LOL!  But seriously, working noon-7pm... it's tougher than I had hoped.  Do-able and hugely important to our getting out of debt but still!  It means I have zero computer time for two or three days.  Catching up with this thread is a yoicks!   Maia- happy anniversary and yay!  Steak sounds yum!  (and you know I wasn't bashing your food ways, right? if it...
good luck revolting... I hope you find the perfect place!  And that's really cool about getting a free yoga class each week :)
Love that drawing!  I'm always in awe of people with sort of "free form" artistic talent.  I mean, I can belly dance and play piano, but in a performance way (not creating a "new" artistic work).  Not in that free form start with nothing end with beauty sort of way.    Shifting diets, food choices, etc... just a word of warning.  Many of these diet/lifestyle changes DO WORK and CAN lead to improved health.  But it's important to know how/why a certain change works...