or Connect

Posts by wombatclay

I find her just a touch creepy... I think it's because in the earlier dvd she isn't used to being on camera.  Her line of sight and the camera are just a bit off.  And her voice is sooooo breathy, an the animation a bit odd.  But the kiddos love it and the songs are horribly sticky (they stick in my mind in a horrible way I mean lol)
csa- community supported agriculture.  Basically a farm sells "shares" in their harvest for an up front fee.  The farmer benefits because they are paid for the harvest regardless of what happens so they have more financial security and can explore the craft of farming instead of just doing whatever it takes to make a profit (instead of hoping/praying that they'll be able to make X amount come harvest and using any chemical trick in the book to get a marketable crop into...
YAY Lioness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats and huzzah and joy joy joy!  :)   mythbusters- we love them... we would get them from netflicks for the kids, and now we have 50+ episodes recorded.  DD1s 6th birthday party was all about mythbusters, and we're hoping to see them live some day.    Thanks for the house love... I'm really not thrilled with our living arrangements so it's always nice to sort of "borrow" other eyes for a while.  We bought it 3 years ago (no...
Maia- Celtic Devotional Daily Prayers and Blessings by Caitlin Matthews.  There is a sample in google books (link in one of my earlier posts or just search the title/author).  I got it years ago, right after it was published, and although it's not exactly where my path has taken me, it's a good solid book and I always feel better when I make the effort to follow it's routine (morning devotions, evening devotions, lunar/solar meditations and activities).  I think some of...
awwwwww.... I'm blushing!  Seriously, I'm NOT a space alien super robot.  I'm just an extremely lazy pagan parent with no time.  I stick with two-fer-one (or better, three or four fer one) techniques because I just don't have a life that lends itself to introspection and solitude at the moment!  Homeschool, toddlers, babies, retail work, writing, crafting (for self and for sale), homesteading, ailing parents in need of care, building a house, trying to avoid bankruptcy,...
A Tuesday, Season of Imbolc, evening meditation begins...   Snow Light turns to Spring Light's blessing bride lights linger in the sky twilight dews the flowers caressing vision's gift through the soul-veils fly.   The focus of the lunar meditation is "A plant of your choice", and the final cleansing tonight is:   I cleanse my soul in the showers of Spring light upon my brow love upon my heart life upon my hands May the blessing drop of...
welcome new folk (or new to posting folk!)  :)   hugs for teeth woes, long work weeks, crying jags, and general life icks!   altars- we have ones the kids can reach and ones they can't.  My kiddos are 6yo, 4yo, 2yo, and 4mo so we do a lot of "teaching by showing" and not so much actual teaching-teaching.   daily spirit- maybe start slow, pick one new thing (a meal blessing, a song or chant before bed, an evening candle, a simple card draw or rune throw at...
I think some of it (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc) come from auto-correct features.  Or the lack of them (I live by the spell checker).  LOL   Pagan kids- I'm not sure what to say.  Ummmm.  LOL  :)  Let's see.  We recite the "verse of the month" from the book Be Blest each morning before homeschool.  We sing a blessing over dinner (from the Waldorf tradition, it's the "blessings on the blossom/blessings on the fruit/blessings on the leaf and stem/blessings on...
Such a crazy week!  On Monday Ro found a qtip and *wham* into MY ear it went... I was pretty sure it was a ruptured eardrum so I called DH and he came home so we could go to the ER.  Then the minivan needed to be jumped.  At the ER they found the eardrum was ok but the qtip had cut the ear canal and the bleeding/swelling was icky.  Abx ear drops and ibuprofen and home.  Tuesday I got a second degree burn on my arm when I reached through the steam of the rice cooker......
And from the early Church in Ireland:       Given our discussion last month about finding common ground between faiths... this seems like a nice bridge.  :)