or Connect

Posts by wombatclay

Yule plans- dh has 21/22/23 off so yay!  (he'll work the christmas week in exchange)  On Mothering Night (solstice eve) I pack up the fiber arts, get treated to yummy eggnog and my favorite dishes, and DH builds a bonfire.  W keep the fire going all night.  Mother Holle fills the stockings and brings gifts, we get up early and go out to greet the sun as a family (sing songs, offer gifts to the Gods and Spirits... usually bird seed and brightly colored felt beads for the...
OK... a meta question...   I have my original Pagan Summer Camp home binder.  It's huge.  And I love everything in it.  And I haven't used it.  Not even once.  It's fun to flip through, sometimes inspiring, but as a daily (or even weekly or monthly) tool it's a total dud.  I started putting together a more useful binder and... I see the same thing happening.  It just isn't useful.   So how are binders actually working for people?  HOW do you use them, or hope to...
Yay Maia!  :)   Very gentle hugs to those in fragile health.  I hope the new year brings healing of all kinds.   Kind of related, we've been having a hard time getting insurance for dd3.  We fill out the forms, send them in, get an A-ok, then the bills bounce with a "dependent not enrolled" note.  We got a "termination of coverage" letter yesterday and after I finally reached a human at the insurance company DH went in to do battle with the HR office (insurance...
From the Sears Vaccine Book (and personal experience)... some vaccinations do have specific timings.  For instance, allergy shots may need to be started over if the sequence is interrupted and some vaccinations cannot be given before/after a certain age.  But in general the "common" vaccinations aren't that specific, and you shouldn't have to repeat shots you've already had.  In fact, an older child may require fewer shots to achieve the same level of coverage.   If...
Could it be plugged ducts or a low level infection?  Plugged ducts (and eventually mastitis) can feel like the flu at first and a sudden reduction in breastfeeding could certainly cause that!  Kellymom has info and possible symptoms: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html   Also, if you're not happy about weaning, could some of this be due to emotional upset and changes in your normal routine?  If you can wean more slowly, would you feel more comfortable...
((hugs))  Have you considered meeting with a nutritionist or having your doctor recommend someone you could meet with to discuss your specific health concerns?  It sounds like there may be more than just a yeast issue...   In my case I had a yeast infection that lasted nearly a year despite trying all the different "holistic" options.  Eventually I sat down with my doctor and really went over everything in my record with a fine tooth comb.  The ultimate treatment was...
I love the DOYgoals idea!   Three of the four kiddos are sick, I'm sick, and I am down to my last nerve... sigh.
welcome and congrats on your recent marriage.  :)  I know there are a lot of "non traditional" families here at Mothering.  Check over in Parenting and I'm sure you'll find a lot of support and BTDT ideas. 
welcome!  I'm glad you found us... I'm sort of a "realworld" hermit too (we live rurally and with 4 small children I find getting out/about tough now that I SAH).  You might want to explore the SAH forum, or see if there is a thread in Finding Your Tribe that suits you!  :)
We're a Pagan family so most of our books are "Solstice" oriented, but since a lot of modern Christmas traditions have Pagan roots you might enjoy some of these books too!   Right now the kiddo favorites are Winter Solstice: Sacred Traditions of Christmas by the Matthews, Winter Solstice by Ellen Jackson, and Return of the Light: Twelve Tales of the Winter Solstice by Carolyn Edwards.  They're all available from Amazon and you could probably find them at the library...