or Connect

Posts by wombatclay

Redveg- yay!  I hope he (and you all) get good news next month!   Maia- hugs chica, it sounds like the school is looking out for their own interests instead of your sons'.  Which makes sense from their perspective of course but you deserve so much more!  So many kiddos need more than they're getting, and not addressing that as soon as possible is just plain short sighted.  A stitch in time and all that.  And yeah that to thinking the comfort inn sounds sweet and not...
Yay for November!   More later, but wanted to sub.  :)
Blessed Samhain all.... may our memories bring peace, may our shadows hold hope, and may we all find balance in the journey.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~ the weekend went all wonky... dh had to go into the lab Sat so basically that whole day was shot,  We did what we could on Sun but we didn't even finish the "gotta do winter prep" stuff on the list, let alone the "wanna do crafty stuff" or the "kinda important for Clay stuff".  I felt so bad for DH...Sat was really frustrating...
Maia, that picture is amazing!  Please tell me you'll have it enlarged and framed for your new house if you haven't already!  I know there is a lot you have grown through and beyond, but that pic it a work of art... there's a tattoo'd character in a delint book who says something about how her tattoos represent moments of meaning/choice in her life and while she is no longer the person who got those tattoos, and she has no inner need now for more skin art, she would...
Pictures of our first snow (and kiddos):    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150349013063621.356922.514118620&type=1&l=cb7f2ebbae   Maia- in college I was /always/ a Biccan.  I'd wear a black bodysuit or bustier type thing, that duct tape and black bag skirt I described, knee high black leather combat boots, and a witch hat with the word "biccan" written on it (or written on something tucked into the hat band).  You know... "wiccan = witch" so "biccan =...
I forgot to welcome all the new folks and add my "yay" to FeralFox!  Congrats on the land!   Aeress- hugs!  If it's what I had, the run time was roughly a week with a day of lead up, three days of hard core nasty, and what seems to be my second day of feeling poorly but most certainly over the hump.  I'm thinking I'll feel more or less normal tomorrow, maybe just the sore throat left over... I'm blaming a lot of my headache today on the weather.  Anyway, I hope your...
DoK- hugs and hankies.  I hope the doctor has some ideas for helping with the related ouchies.  Is there a counseling service through the hospital maybe?  The hospital where I delivered dd3 has a PPD therapist who visits every mom pre-discharge and a PPD phone line, and in the elevators there were posters for a mastectomy support group.  Maybe your hospital has something similar?  Even if it's a more general surgical support group, they must realize this sort of surgery...
I'll try the crock pot approach, or make Dh do it.  My temp is normally 97.2, so 99 is a bit hotter for me than for others.... but my temp is actually 100+ in the half hour or so leading up to my ibuprofen dose.  It's 99+ about a half hour after the dose.  I swear, I can feel every freakin' hair follicle on my body, every joint, every breath of air.  There's a blurb in national geographic about how sensitive a seal's whiskers are and I think I'm getting close to their...
Oh Maia, that stinks!   pot roast- I don't cook meat.  Well, that's not exactly true.  The only pork we eat is bacon (and that's an every couple of month treat), we don't eat fish/sea food/shell fish (allergies), and we have ground beef or shredded chicken maybe once or twice a week since my mom puts chicken or beef in most of her canned stews/soups/slaws.  So really it boils down to the fact that I'm not comfy cooking most "big cuts" of meat.  I'll do ground beef...
LIONESS- SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bibble bibble bounce bounce w00t!!!!!!!!!!  Happy dance!  :)  Sorry you feel like ick though.   Maia- Hugs sweetie, I'm so sorry.  Hang in there and do what you have to do to keep /yourself/ healthy, safe, and sane.   DoK- how you feeling today?  Any better?  Salt water gargles maybe?  Hope you're at least pain free soon!   costumes- I love those "jacket" style costumes (the kind where the costum is put on...