or Connect

Posts by wombatclay

Lioness- yay!  What a good place to have arrived!   College bound kiddo gift pack... coffee, day planner type book (calendar, space for notes, etc), gift cert for store that is local to the college (Cornell actually offers a service where people can have food/snacks/goodies delivered to students from the university dining staff but I don't know what that costs or how many schools offer something similar, but there is sure to be a big box nearby or maybe find out if there...
dok- hugs and hopes for health and healing.  What a crummy anesthesiologist!  Can you complain to the hospital (when you feel better/have more energy)?  And maybe a ritual to help with the mourning process?  Some sort of passing the fertility torch/pampering yourself blend?  Hang in there!   chickens- we have 8, but 7 of those are golden comets (red sex linked) and they are famous for their "egg a day" minimum.  Sometimes they lay twice in a day and often their eggs...
cookbook- The Book Lover's Cookbook: Recipes Inspired by Celebrated Works of Literature and the Passages the Feature Them (compiled by Wenger & Jensen).  It's fun, but honestly a cookbook I browse more than use.  The Hocus Pocus Magical Cookbook: More than 50 Delicious Recipes with Secret Ingredients for Wizards and Kids is another fun (literature and experiment filled) book that rocks the world of kids cooking.  It has science and math experiments, spells and potions,...
I have the Book Lover's Cookbook... it matches books with recipes (and Oyster dish with the Walrus and the Carpenter, Peach Cobbler for James and the Giant Peach, Multigrain Bread for Les Miserables, and so on).  They don't really covere the Romantics though but it would be a fun meal to plan!  Sort of a cross between decadent and proper.  Maybe traditional tea time dishes but with heavy spices and lots of cream?   Actually, Laia went to her Girl Scout halloween...
Maia- I'm glad the doc visit went well!  I hope things continue like that.  :)  For the turkey... just check the wrapper.  A lot of conventional birds will have been treated with broth or flavoring or something equally ugh because it makes the meat "juicy/tender" even if it gets overbaked or whatever.  Almost every store bought turkey will have a 1-800 number on it though and it's easy to find out what was used.  And there are certainly brands that don't add anything...
Maia- go slow with those new foods sweetie!  Sometimes a sudden dietary change can whallop your digestion and you don't need a stomach ache on top of everything!  But have much yum.  It sounds glorious!  :)   unions- yeah, totally /not/ a cure all (DH voted against a union as a grad student because they would have made less with the union, and my old elementary school paid a teacher a full salary to sit in a room because he had several reports of "near" child abuse...
Maia- hugs sweetie.  I hope he can get this straightened out quickly!  Psych meds are jsut so tough... they take forever to work, they can cause really crazy problems if you stop cold turkey, they take forever to taper off, and so much depends on the individual person so finding the "perfect med/perfect dose" can take ages.  I know you know this, but HANG IN THERE while they get it worked out.  I wish there were some legal protections in place at his job.  :(  I know...
Welcome Kate! :)   I had this big huge post last night and my computer crashed. Ugh.   Maia- I don't know about the house/feng shui thing. The books I have all say to line up the feng shui grid so that HEALTH is the center block of the home and the front door opens into the CAREER block. So you'd walk into the house (front door/career) and then walk forward into health and then through health into fame/reputation.  Maybe see if your library has a book with more...
yay!  congrats on your chubby darling (I lurv big babies!) and your amazing transformation into mama!  Enjoy your hard earned babymoon!  :)
dok- HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!   Maia- the interior set up of the house isn't "important" in terms of the feng sui grid.  The feng shui grid is a square, three blocks by three blocks (so 9 blocks total).  The order/meaning of the blocks are:   prosperity       fame/reputation      relationship/love   family             health                   creativity/children   skill/info          career                   helpful people/travel   If you draw a picture of...