or Connect

Posts by completebeginnings

completebeginnings.blogspot.com  But I am moving toward my own practice so it will change soon.
I had planned on taking the NARM. The problem is that there are not any local CPM's to sign off births. Most of the midwives in the area(8) don't support the CPM credential. And the big problem is that the main preceptor I did my training with was denied preceptor status due to not being on her own long enough.She was short about 6 months but they told her I couldn't count any numbers until she was approved(so nothing retroactively) It has been one headache after...
So much great advice! Since I posted this I have made some major changes. I started squirling away some of the small amount of money I do make (doula,CBE,Etc.) to spend on a few new to me things now and then and finally broke down and got a hair cut. I also started doing Zumba 3 days a week and it has been amazing. I think doing something physical and not having to think about ANYTHING, not my kids, not money, not my clients, not the NARM----only about not tripping over...
I have struggled with the fight over my kids rooms. They are very good and helpful with some prodding to help clean the house and pick up toys as I am pretty strict about family use areas being clean. The issue is their bedrooms. They are all homeschooled and young(18 months to 8 years). We have tried multiple things including it needing to be clean before breakfast, having one day a week where is needs to be clean so I can get in and vacuum, me cleaning it, getting rid...
I started my dd in grade 2. She was reading at a 6th grade level/  She did terribly and was in tears most days. I think I will retry next year when she would be in grade 3.
Don't want to seem like a downer but it is almost impossible to make any decent money as a doula or educator. I have been doing it for 8 years most of those pretty busy and seem to make only a couple thousand dollars a year profit. There have been several threads on this lately if you search the archives under money as a doula etc. Good luck it is hard to not be doing what you love.
I can't take the NARM at the MANA conference since my main preceptor who I have worked with the longest and done the most births with was not approved as a NARM preceptor because she isn't a CPM and was 6 months short of being on her own long enough to qualify. Really stinks. So I basically have had to redo all of my numbers and my second preceptor has 3 other apprentices so we have to share numbers and primaries. It is a pain. Also having to have paperwork turned in 4...
Edited the original question so that I can actually get feedback that I am looking for. I never meant to violate any ones rights. Please see the intended questions I was trying to ask but didn't word correctly in the first place. Gee Wiz.
Yes my preceptor knows I post here. I was looking for experience from experienced midwives. Hopefully positive stories, as I said in my first post. I do trust my preceptor. She knows what she is doing with 30 years of experience and over 1500 births, including numerous twins and breeches. I just wanted some other opinions from midwives who have attended similar births. That is not something I would find on a student group. She also isn't a complete fool. The momoamniotic...
How exciting for you! It was also my husband who helped me realize that midwifery is my calling. If I had it to do all over again I would have started school earlier rather than later and I would have done school in the first place rather than doing self study. Even though I think I have done fine it has been a ton of work. I am excited for you. Starting as a doula and a CBE made my transition into my apprenticeship so easy.