or Connect

Posts by completebeginnings

Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias thanks for the tips and opinions! i haven't read h&h yet, but i feel the same way you mamas do about birthing from within. i've tried to read that book 1/2 dozen times over the past 5 years, and i just *hate* it. i can't really put my finger on what i don't like about it, it's just a general 'i can't stand this book' kind of feeling.: Heart and Hands was ok but not real in depth. I found I didn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne I am planning on adding it at a later date. I like to be super prepared for things and this is something that matters even more I got my copy of Holistic Midwifery Vol 1 in the mail today. *gulp* This thing is huge and for some stupid reason its intimidating me. Maybe this signals the shock of actually being enrolled going away? Or maybe its because I am still having difficulty reading Heart and Hands?...
Ok what program is FTSM? I'm assuming it is on site learning. Thanks so much on the info on MTB and AAMI. Right now I am leaning toward MTB because of the price. I'm not sure I will finish any program I have been doing a ton of personal study and am already pretty far into my preceptorship. I already do most of the prenatal and a good number of postpartum visits and now I am doing ie's and second stage "management" fo rlack of a better word. AAMI is still just too...
Hi ladies just found this tread and wanted to introduce myself and get some ideas. My name is Dy. I am mother to 3 wonderful home schooled kids. My first was born in a hospital with a CNM my last two were born at home. I have been a doula and CBE for 6 years and an apprentice midwife for the last year. I have been doing self directed study but decided to look into some distance programs for a little more structure. The school doesn't need to be accredited since I live...