or Connect

Posts by SwissMama

we have a high efficiency front loader that has its own heater - heats up to short of boiling. Therefore, we can use a very small amount of water and almost no detergent. Its well worth it.
I scanned in the recipes i liked from my cookbooks and then donated them.
would anyone admit that they are a seller? : Ok, i will. I sell things, but not for very much - just a token, which helps with the effort involved to make the ad, etc. I don't know if its a regional geographical thing, but i find when i list things for 'free', it doesnt go as fast as when i list things for a couple of dollars. Its almost as if people want to know its worth something. I also find something slightly more gratifying as the seller. I move alot, so a...
Gawd, as if i don't have enough to worry about with all my weirdo crunchy AP ways. Now I have to worry about whether or not I'm annoying someone when i say bless you, or offending them if i don't. : <-- Bless you, little green smiley..... btw: bless you doesn't have to be religious or mean you are damned otherwise. It could mean a plethora of things...may you be blessed with good health...may you be blessed with good looks and shiny hair......yadda yadda.
I had that exact same problem. And i needed to start work. It ended up that she would WAIT for me ALL day long and then reverse cycle at night. Finally, I bought a sippy cup and that worked! She never once took a bottle. So my DH did spoon feeing, cup feeding - whatever he could. So you could try those things if the bottles arent working. We must have spent 100$ on different nipples before getting the sippy cup. My big regret is that i found out (here on MDC)...
I didn't vote, I didnt think it was fair to. I started both of my kids off before 6 months, but am a HUGE stickler for holding off on solids for as long as possible. Mine started a tad earlier because they were definitely ready, in spite of the face that i was not. : We do child-led solids though - so she feeds herself whatever she can bring to her mouth herself. So far, its been pear, avocado, banana, hamburger, and bread.
Whatever you chose, heres a good tip: I lay mine out and salt it first. Let it sit for a while with salt sprinkled over it. This draws the water out of the pores and collapses the pores so that it doesnt act like a sponge with grease. It also removes some bitterness. see more here: How to cook an eggplant to perfection
yeah that. And in most parts in europe, you'd be hard pressed to find a legal car seat whose weight limit supports rear facing past SIX months. I'm torn over whether or not people should be made to feel guilty for that, esp given a slough of factors (social, economical, financial, etc). Even cultural, since I have been picked on for being too fanatic about things like that (as a N. American in Europe). I'm also curious as to whether or not infant deaths or injuries...
Here in Germany, Dora speaks German throughout, and the spanish parts are actually english. And, her German voice is really sweet. She never yells. The first time i saw the North American version, i almost had to cover my ears it was so grating. i can see why its popular in Germany, but couldnt figure out how the North American moms where coping with that *shudder* SOUND. Why does she yell in the north american one? Its insane! Oh and the map song is better - its...
Both of my daughters had tight frenulums. For the first one, i used a nipple shield which helped draw out my nipple and stretch her frenulum. I weaned off of it at 4 weeks(?give or take) by putting it on, and then during a pause in the feeding, pulling it off and letting her continue. It took a while, but it was worth it. i do believe they have their place, but its good to work on getting off of it if you plan on nursing for a long time. But only if you feel like you...