or Connect

Posts by lighting_goddess

I used my ring sling until my dd was 40 lbs. I mostly wore her when we were hiking, so I put my hiking "fanny pack" on my lower back. I used the ring sling on my back but then she was also sort of sitting ont he pack and it helped to support her and that worked great. Super fast and easy too.
I used my ring sling until my dd was 40 lbs. I mostly wore her when we were hiking, so I put my hiking "fanny pack" on my lower back. I used the ring sling on my back but then she was also sort of sitting ont he pack and it helped to support her and that worked great. Super fast and easy too.
Quote: Originally Posted by pixiepunk a friend of mine just rigged up a ring sling for her DS after he broke his arm because he wasn't comfortable in the arm sling the doctor gave him! I have done this too, for myself and my daughter...apparently we are both accident prone.
How are you swinging it financially as a single parent? I do okay, pay the bills and use the surplus child support for several fun activities a month Do receive any assistance (child care help, foodstamps, relatives)? I did when she was a babe, but she's nearly 6 now and I make too much for that kind of assistance Did/do you get scholarships for school? No, no scholarships for a masters degree, so I just took out a hunkin' loan. Are you happy in your...
My nearly 6 year old sleeps with me almost every night. To ge the family off your back, just make sure she has a seperate bed somewhere in the house and you never know, someday in the next few years she might even sleep there. Lighting_goddess
I am working in a program like that. I'v enever taught a day in my life in a typical classroom setting, but I caught on fast and I love my job. It is very intense to say the least, but if you love kids you will be fine and your kids will be okay with it if you are okay with it. Just carve out time for them amongst the choas and you'll be good to go. Good luck with your future career as a teacher. I love my job now, for the first time in a long time. Lighting_goddess
Here is some practical advise about how to get things done with a toddler under foot. I packed twice with a toddler. Have one box that you just let them pack and unpack and have everything planned out so you can pack 3 boxes in the time it takes the toddler to unpack one. When you need to run to the car, put the toddler in the crib or play-yard, lock the door, and run-like hell. The baby may be sad when you get back, but at least they were safe. (Plus, its the only...
Well a few months ago I too was single single, but I recently met someone and things seem to be going okay. Although I sometimes wonder if its really a good fit and I just don't remember what that all feels like (emotionally...not physically...hee hee) , or whether I want it to be a good fit and am trying to make it fit...I just don't know and I asked a single mom friend of mine and she said that its a very common feeling for single moms, to know for instance whether they...
I love that book too. Saved me from the "poor me, poor me" mode when I was pregnant and knew I as going to end up being a single mom. I suggest that book to all my single mom friends. lighting_goddess
It is very unlikely that the courts will terminate his parental rights unless like someone else said, he is physically abusive, or something really terrible, but he can volunarily terminate his rights if that is what you want. This will of course also cancel out any opportunity of you getting child support. I don't know all the details of your situation, but I would say its time to enforce the get in or get out ultimatum. Leave him a message that says if you do not...