or Connect

Posts by EStraiton

I'd actually love this link as well - could you send it to me? xoxo
Are any of you struggling to send three or more children to waldorf school? If so, how have you been able to do so? I'm not sure it will ever become a reality for us but my husband may be presented with a new opportunity that has me fantasizing about our local waldorf school. It would still be a huge financial challenge for us and the sibling discount is not much here. Also, have any of you transitioned late with your children? One of my daughters would be...
Hi, everyone! I just found this post. I'm so happy that other mamas are being kind to themselves (and their children) by making the best decisions for THEIR family... there are so many different factors that go into choosing the best method of education for our families and no two families are alike. I would hope those choices do not exclude us from being part of the waldorf community and learning more about anthroposophy if we decided that was our path. I am hoping to...
Where do you live? I run a waldorf-inspired home childcare and also monitor a natural childcare group on Yahoo - I can put out a post for you to the providers to see if anyone is in your area. xoxo
I, too, have been having an internal struggle with not being able to offer my four daughters a true waldorf education. But there is no way I could afford it financially and while I have considered homeschooling very seriously... my work just does not allow me the time to home educate the girls the way I feel they deserve. So, for now - I have coined us "Waldorf Afterschoolers" My girls are going to a Christian school during the day and afterschool and on weekends we are...
Almost all of my blogging and writing is done during naptime or after bedtime in the evenings. Sometimes if I wake up earlier than the girls I will do computer stuff then too. I do not blog daily - every few days or so. xoxo
As of right now, I believe our school is maintaining. I do not know if they will be increasing tuition next year or not.. if so, I hope it isnt too much. My third graders class is pretty full and my younger daughter's class is almost full... right now the upper grades are light but I'm hoping that will change as enrollment continues and the current grades move up. If we had to switch to public, I think the girls would do ok... but that may also be when I would...
My home kindergarten is a non-academic waldorf-inspired program so we are currently practicing some winter fingerplays and verses, enjoying circle time and learning about weather and the days of the week - we are baking once per week, watercolor painting, using our crayons, playing with modeling beeswax - but most of all playing - a real lot - we are outside for at least two hours in the mornings regardless of weather (unless its under 20 degrees due to regulations). We...
I'm not sure if we qualify or not. I run a waldorf-inspired kindergarten/preschool from my home which my youngest daughter attends. My older three are in private school but we pretty much do "afterschooling" with them and suppliment their learning with handwork, painting, baking and nature study. I'm always looking for new material, recipes, handwork and nature crafts to share with the children in my program. This week our theme is 'Snowflakes, Tolerance' and today...
I know in our area there are a few different options for one or two day per week drop-off classes for homeschoolers. One is a wilderness program that seems amazing (but pricey) - the others are more recreational classes that cater to homeschoolers. Also, you should see if there is a home childcare that caters to homeschoolers... I run a waldorf-inspired home kindergarten program and would be more than excited to have a few homeschooled children come daily to do...