or Connect

Posts by lilyka

AIG, for all my issues with them does truly believe that Christ was the Son of God.  But they use Him to push what they are selling ( literal translation of the creation story).  They irritate me.  I used to pre-read the magazine when it came to the house (it did have some cool stuff in it so I did not ban it outright and we received it as a gift.  it must go straight to their house now.)I still check out my kids room for tracts and crap.  It irritates me that their dads...
having at least a loose grip on church history really helps to understand the differences.  Early church started and went along for about 1000 years as one mostly unified body with a few heretical sects operating outside the main church.  There were five main out posts of church leadership.  Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople, Greece, and someone else that I cannot remember right now...but they were in the East.  Divided by language, culture, and geography the West started...
Tests went most excellently.  Ahem....97 in reading, 99 in writing and 59 in math which is not spectacular but got me into college algebra which is what I needed.    So woohoo!  I am officially accepted and can enroll on the 31.  My new boss is awesome and is being super patient with all my last minute school stuff.   Now comes the marathon.  I do not have a day off until the Jan 4th.  Yuck.  
Glory to God! I got my transcript sent today.  It was a battle of epic proportions.  Seriously.  That lady has it in for me for reasons I am unsure of.  And I eventually got to the right person and within minutes I had my transcript.  The official one should hopefully be on the way.  I am scheduled to take my placement tests Thursday.  Pray for me.  It has been 20 years since I have done any of that stuff. LOL  All I have left is to settle the matter of my...
You would be welcome in my home any day!! And no corner but a place of honor. :)    remembering the martyrs is a huge part of our daily lives.  I too have often wondered if I would stand under pressure.  So many martyrs went to their death, suffering horrible torture day after day without a word.  Seriously, i would at least wail and scream.  The stories that get me the most are the ones where the tortures used a persons children to get them to succumb.  We have an icon...
I don't have any answers, I am more n your shoes.  Dating a guy who lost he love of his life.  The only thing that brings me comfort is that when I had each child, I did not have to stop loving the previous one to love the next.  There is room for all of it.  Enough love for everyone to be loved in their own right.  Just because BF loves and misses his previous GF (he never got the chance to propose.   By the time he got to her she was on life support.) doesn't mean he...
An interesting read...why December 25.   We are getting snow.  It is beginning to look like winter here.  yay.  Lots of people are getting absolutely wailed on though o please keep them in your prayers.     Praying for Florence.
Before the surgery I went to confession and had Father S pray for me and anoint me with holy oil.  I mean he is always praying for me but there are special things to be done when someone is in need of healing and protection. After Peter left it was Father who carted me around back and forth to the hospital.   He is so sweet.  I was indeed well covered in prayer :)     The complications from the first surgery were actually quite a blessing.  I have a wonky airway and...
How do you feel about him having custody of the kids.  Because it could really go anyway in the custody fight.  He could end up with full custody.  And it might seem now like  he will let you walk away with his kids but don't count on it staying that way.  Even if you get full custody now he can fight you and fight you for the next 18 years.  Divorce is never easy.  This is what divorce came down to me. Not how much I did or did not love my husband but what I was willing...
It is ok to not feel happy about your pregnancy.  I was so missreable when I found out my third.  I was ambivalent for most of the pregnancy.  I knew my marriage was over as soon as the test came back positive. I did not even bother telling my husband.  he read about it here at MDC LOL.  Everything turned out just as it should though.  My husband did leave me.  He stared having an affair while I was pregnant and I filed for a divorce a few months before she turned 5.  I...