or Connect

Posts by guest

Thanks for your responses.   I'm starting to see this as a temporary arrangement already (a year  maybe?) Unless of course, I win the lottery or something    So many things to figure out--one step at a time, I guess.   Peace to you all.    
Hi--I'm a long-time mdc mama but this is my first visit to this section. I find myself about to become a single mama after many years of marriage.   Since I have been a sahm for many years, I now need to go back to school before I can hope to earn any livable wage. I'm looking forward to that part, actually and always planned to go back to a career when the kids were grown.   Here is the dilema: In the meantime, (until I am employable) we cannot afford two...
I *am* a perfectionist so that may help and I have two calendars on the walls color coded for everyones classes/appts. Nope nothing that can be tripped over unless one of the canines gets underfoot but they have outside space to go to.
questions no toddlers thankfully anymore thanks to flyladys one load a day there is no laundry but some in the kids hamper from the last couple of days cabinets are neat no food out other than a bowl of fruit on table for easy snack access thank you both
up
due to a conflict with an adult age child I will have cps here in the next two days. While I behaved inappropriately and am very ashamed this is the result of of the get even/revenge/vindictive kid.(if you figure out who I am PLEASE keep it to yourself I am enough of a mess right now as it is) I live in an area that is one of those cps horror stories area. Before the misinformation and panic of 911 two families lost their kids due to the ONLY fact they were Muslim. Yes...
Just wanted to say I saw my counsellor yesterday and told her. She feels that my anger might be hiding some other emotion even deeper, so I'm exploring that. Things were going better, though yesterday morning was tough (I lost it when dc1 peed on dc2, though I don't think it was intentional, it's just where it sprayed). One of my biggest troubles with drugs is I keep hearing more and more that antidepressants are linked to an increase in suicidal thoughts/tendencies. I'm...
Thank you so much all of you for your support! I have read all the replies so far, but I don't think I can respond to all of them! I did tell dh. And I may bring it up with my counsellor on Moday. Today dh is off, things are going pretty good. I really think I need more time alone. The kids go to bed when we do, and very rarely nap. When dc2 naps it's often on me. A couple times a month they nap at the same time for an hour or two. Other than that, I don't get away....
I called my counsellor a while after it happened, as per a written agreement we have, but she wasn't home, so I called parents help line, but was unable to tell her the full story. might be ppd, but I shy awy from ssri-type drugs.
I am a long-time mdc mama who needs some help. Something is going on that I am having a hard time telling anyone about. I think I have or are about to become abusive. I am seeing a counsellor btw. It's with my oldest dc, who is 2 3/4 yrs old, though I sometimes fly off the handle with my 5 month old as well. At first I got angry with dc1 when there was agression towards dc2 (biting etc), but now little things like her rebooting the computer when I'm using it causes me...