or Connect

Posts by MsChatsAlot

I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations, incorrigible!!! I'm wishing you so much love and happiness for a long life together!!!
Fabulous news!
There are good people out there just waiting for a good friend. Finding and making friends does take some effort, but it will pay off in spades. There are also single parenting groups and you might find other single moms with similar interests. I agree with the pp who said you are already lonely. I felt more alone in my marriage than I ever have as a single mom. Yes, there are times when I feel lonely as a single mom, but there were many times I felt lonely in my...
We split when I was pregnant with my youngest so he has never seen us together as a couple. I've kept everything -- pictures, memorabilia, etc. and now my kids (12 and 8) absolutely love seeing pictures of us together, seeing things that were our 'family' things, etc. It really matters to them to have these family things and I'm so glad I kept everything.
I found it a bit difficult to accept my partner's help watching the kids for me at first. He offered way more than I ever took him up on it. I wanted to make sure I didn't take advantage of him and it would work for everyone and the boundaries were clear. I still don't do it often (don't have a need to either) but when I am in need, my partner has been great about it and the kids love it too. You really have to do what feels best for you, your relationship and your...
I didn't date for three years. However, the first year I was pregnant and the second year I was trying to stay alive with a newborn and toddler on my own. Then I decided to date. I remember reading that whatever you don't heal from your last relationship, you carry into the next one. I had always moved from one relationship quickly into another (a few months at the most) and when I look back now, I see how I just kept making the same mistakes over and over again...
I've been a stay home mom the entire time I've been a single parent (9 years). I went to school in that time and recently I have been working to build my career and continue to be at home. So far, so good. I have a few extenutating circumstances though. I was very secure and set up well financially BEFORE the marriage and got more solid financially during our marriage. I live in a country where we are given government funds to help aid low income families with...
As always, I am keeping you and your children in my thoughts and prayers. I have a feeling this trip to the hospital may be what your children need to help them. You are all loved and supported. I know there is a way for your children to thrive once again. Sending you all love, peace and the support you need.
Be prepared for anything. He's been controlling you, manipulating you and abusing you for years. He's not liking the fact that you're doing things on your own now. He's feeling like he's losing control, doesn't like it and that can cause irrational behavior. Use some of these resources provided here, file as quickly as you, get something in place to keep you, your little one and the one on the way safe. Also...does he know where you are? If he knows you're at...
I hope things went well.