or Connect

Posts by MsChatsAlot

Be prepared for anything. No one can say for sure how your child will handle things. The better you are able to handle things, the easier it will be for all of you, so it's good if you have a lot of support. Having people to talk to, making sure you're dealing with things you need to deal with, feeling your emotions and working through things will all help make it a smoother transition.
When I've been away from my kids, I call everyday.
I'm hoping things are working out for you. It will be great for you to look back at this and see the strength you've had. Keep moving forward, Mama!
I agree with the others. I also wanted to add, there are many things I have missed over the years because I could not just drop off the kids somewhere or go to a late night concert or club or whatever. It has less to do with being a single person and more to do with being the kind of parent I've chosen to be. I think people take the idea of 'don't introduce your child' too far sometimes. It's healthy, normal and part of life to have people in our lives in many...
The fact is, you can't change him but you can change how you view things. Take your partner out of the equation for a moment. Ask yourself these questions: What do you really want from a relationship? What are the qualities you're looking for? What does your 'ideal' relationship look like? When you figure that out, then ask yourself, What do you think you'll feel when you have all those qualities?/What do you think it will feel like if you were in a relationship...
My policy has always been to speak the truth, but in a simplified, accountable and age-appropriate way. When they ask questions, I make sure I only answer what they've asked. As the kids have gotten older, they've asked deeper questions as they can handle it. We've always had very open and upfront conversations, so they are quite comfortable asking anything. I wasn't clear from your post if your ex left and no one's talked about it at all in this past month or if you...
Congratulations on the fun "real" date, Incorrigible! Enjoy!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Butterflymom Going insane waiting for my wedding bells. I have been officially divorced for 1.5 years although it was over in my heart years before that. So it isn't SO bad that I'm still single after that amount of time, right? Uhm. I've been split from my ex for 9 years now...so...um...no, 1.5 isn't SO bad!! lol
I've been a sahm my entire single parenting journey (9 years). In that time I was totally sahm, then I did school online, I did part-time school and now I've created my own business and work out of my home. I have been blessed in many other ways that helped make that possible. Before I was married, I made wise financial investments, we bought our first home right before the market really took off and when we sold, it was worth 5 times more than when we purchased, I...
You've made your choice so trust that there's a reason. There are positive and negative things about any and every thing in life. The more you can focus now on all the positive things, the easier it will be. It's hard when others are against us, but the more sure you become about your decision, the more others will stop doing that. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and an empowering and healthy birthing experience. Babies...