or Connect

Posts by MsChatsAlot

I am so sorry your children are still going through this crap with him. It is time to get a lawyer...again. Perhaps with the counsellor on your side it will help. I don't know...but he needs to be stopped. And I know you've tried before...but at some point, I keep hoping someone will see how damaging this is and force him to stop. I will continue to hope and pray that someone will finally see this (UAV) for what he is and get your kids as far away from him as...
I've kept my married name for the past 9 years and felt really good about it. However, now, for career reasons, I'm finding that I want to go back to my maiden name. It just feels more like 'me'. My kids are older now but really don't seem to care either way. It never really comes up, so it doesn't seem to be an issue for any of us.
There seems to come a time when the 'wondering' ends and you just know...one way or another what you must do and what you are going to do. There are no easy answers and no easy solutions. I hope you will find a peaceful resolution to your situation, whatever that resolution may be.
Being a mom is hard work. Being a single mom is hard work too. There are times when I felt I wasn't giving my children enough or doing enough or being enough, but I'm always doing the best I can. I have no doubt you are doing the best you can too. Being a good mom means you care about your children and when you feel you aren't meeting your own expectations, you wish you could do more. I have no doubt, that under everything else, your children know that in their...
I was single for 3 years before going on my first post-marriage date. In 8 years, I only dated a handful of times and I have to say, for me, personally, it was the best thing I ever did. I had always bounced from one relationship to another and when my marriage ended and I was just pregnant with my second, I realized I wasn't going to be dating anyone, anytime soon. That helped me break through those feelings of loneliness and needing somebody and gave me time to work...
I'm sorry you're struggling with this right now. I am wishing you some peace as you work your way through this.
I think you really have to listen to your instincts here and do what feels right for you. I have emailed back and forth for weeks before meeting someone and I have talked to someone on the phone after the first or second email. For me, I just went with what felt right with that person and in that moment. Also, if they give you their number, you can call and block your number when you call to give yourself more of a safety net until you've spoken with them. A lot of...
Grief is part of the journey, even if you are the one who makes the decision. Be gentle with yourself. There is a reason, bigger than either of you can see as to why it played out the way it did. There is great learning there for both of you, so accept that it is this way for some purpose. I'm wishing you peace and comfort.
If he wants to see and spend time with his dd, he will. If he doesn't, there's nothing you can do or should be expected to do other than make sure he knows how to contact you to make arrangements.
I agree with Holland that he's going to view it as you interfering, being controlling and complaining. I've been there. My youngest had allergies and my ex continued to feed him things and do things that aggravated it. He took them places, did things and allowed things that I didn't think were at all in my kids best interest (including leaving them in a mall food court alone when they were 2 and 5 while he ran out to his truck). They got sick, they had wild tantrums...