or Connect

Posts by MsChatsAlot

Ending a marriage is a big shake up for everyone in the family and when we are in 'stress-mode' it is very difficult to see things clearly and rationally. Breathe. Every day is a new day in parenting. Every moment is a new moment. If you aren't happy with the way things are working, look for a new way to do things. Are you getting enough sleep? Are there additional pressures that are putting stress on you that could be alleviated a bit? Are you able to take...
I was a lot more controlling and a lot less patient when I felt insecure, unhappy about things in my life and didn't really have anything that was for 'me', in my life. I'd spend some time figuring out who you are, what interests you, what makes you happy. When you start doing things that you love or loving the things you are doing, you'll find you're more content with everything in your life and find you have no reason to control things and have a lot more patience...
If you can, find some time today to just relax a little or do something that really nurtures who you are. I too, find that my kids are happy to be home after travelling, but all the driving, packing etc. etc. has me exhausted and takes me a day or two to get more energy and a more positive outlook on things back again. Breathe, relax and enjoy the fact that you don't have to do everything today. Wishing you some peace and nurturing today.
Everytime you start to think of something like that sit down and write or at least think of 5 things that make you a really great person. Things that you like about yourself, things that you *KNOW* about yourself that are wonderful. "I am kind"...."I have nice eyes"...."I'm a loving wife"....whatever it is that you can honestly believe and feel good about. You could also start keeping a daily journal where you write down 20 things that you love about yourself. And if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Still_Snarky oy, the one thing i'm not loving about dating is having to deal with repairing trust issues. i have absolutely no reason to believe that d would "cheat" on me...and yet, i'm so scared of being caught off guard again, especially as i'm finding myself getting attached to him. i know these are my issues to work through and that he's a really stand up guy and i have no basis for my fears. but of course that's what i...
When we are in the middle of the pain, it is hard to see that there is a way out. But there is. I have had moments in my life when I've been there and something miraculous always happens and I start to move forward again and my life has turned around. Have you read the book, "Spiritual Divorce" by Debbie Ford? It's a good book for helping move past the divorce. Many hugs to you...and hoping you can find at least one reason to give thanks today.
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Great idea BelovedK. Make some time today to remember all our reasons to give thanks.
David E. Kelly makes Denny Crane completely and totally over-the-top to point out the ridiculousness of things to the extreme to make a statement. And I agree the no-fly thing was hilarious!
It's a fun show!
I think what fails children more than leaving an unhealthy situation...is staying in one. You have both obviously tried hard to keep your family together. If you both aren't willing or able to do that...you would be living a lie if you stayed together and would be modelling unhealthy relationships to your children. It is hard having to transition to something that feels out of our control, but in the end, it is good for your children to know that if something really...