or Connect

Posts by SublimeBirthGirl

I had a UP/UC and didn't have any ultrasounds.  I didn't use a doppler either.  I listened with a fetoscope once I got far enough along though I admit it was mostly for fun.
I can't even put myself in this position in my head.  If my husband had "refused" to see a MW I chose, or told me what to do in relation to my birth, I'd have laughed out loud.  I'd have thought he was kidding.  Seriously, dude?  Hopefully he'll come to his senses and realize that this is YOUR body, not his.  
My philosophy on the birth tub: I just went through labor and pushed out a baby.  I am now recovering from birth, breastfeeding a newborn, experiencing cramping as my uterus returns to a somewhat normal size.  My husband can deal with the tub.  I don't know how he did it, nor do I care!  Let him figure it out ;)   I think breathing through pushing is really important, and doing your own perineal support.  Listen to what your body tells you.
I used Hypnobabies with my 2nd.  I felt that it was helpful.  My birth was by no means painless, and I had no fear.  I believe some women have painless births - I've met some and I don't think they're lying.  I do not believe ALL women can have painless births, that if you do have a painful birth it's somehow your own fault, or that birth is not supposed to be painful.  I believe hypnosis is a kind of mental trick where you teach yourself to reinterpret what you're...
Please think about it very carefully.  I know a lot of moms who have circumcised older sons then learned more and left their younger sons intact and it has not been a big deal.  
I got there too early thanks to PROM.  But they mostly left me alone (This was in 2004).  My birth was good, but postpartum was awful.  I wish I'd left sooner.
Especially if you want a homebirth, the hospital class is going to be useless for you.  IMO they're useless even for hospital birthers, unless you just want to learn how to be a good patient and what to expect them to do to you while you're there.  There are a bunch of great childbirth classes in GA; look for independent classes.  
I had a birth pool, shoe laces, old towels.  That's about it.
Mine is a 9-week class with a pretty thorough book, 8*11, and is around $10 including shipping for small quantities.