or Connect

Posts by emcare

Thank you all for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as we begin this journey. Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom Budget for two paychecks a month. When the odd 3-check month comes around (can't be more than 2-3/year, iirc), put it into savings and use that as a step to "get ahead". If you don't have a cushion, then yes, you probably will run into trouble. FWIW, I have never found the envelope system to work for me, and I...
I'm super new to this "being responsible with your money thing", so please be patient with my noob questions. So, at this point I'm feeling pretty hopeful about our money situation for the first time since we got married. We don't make much, but we are at a place where we can actually pay all of our bills, feed the family, and even save a little for the first time in our marriage. Last night the hubby and I sat down and made a budget using Dave Ramsey's long...
My first thought was Learn at Home, too. I just purchased it and it looks really good for what I need. I don't know your teaching philosophy, but I don't like the idea of a lot of "school" for a 5 year old, but I'm not an unschooler, either. So far, Learn at home looks like it will be good for us. It has every week planned out with something to do in all 6 subjects, plus a bunch of ideas for enrichment each week. I like I that I will be able to open it up on any...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie Where can one buy Learn at Home? I googled it and didnt find much info...maybe i've got the wording wrong? I've been considering Sonlight for the past year, but after going to HomeSchoolReviews.com...i've changed my mind a bit. Ummm...now to start back at square one! On top of that, my 5yo doesnt want me to read books, he doesnt want to do anything schoolish at all. I'm at a loss! You can get...
We are. My daughter will be 5 in June and although she has really enjoyed her preschool experience (5-7.5 hrs per week) we will be keeping her at home for kindy. I'm getting pretty nervous as the time to begin gets closer and more and more "real". I'm still kind of overwhelmed, but since deciding to try mbtp (I think), I've relaxed a bit. I'm looking for math and phonics curricula that will fit our needs now and have such a lot of work to do before the local...
Welcome and congrats!
Welcome to MDC!
Welcome back!
Welcome!
Welcome and good for you. Peer pressure isn't just a teenage thing, huh?