or Connect

Posts by RockStarMom

I receive social services benefits and work as a nanny so I'm with my daughter. There are definitely huge sacrifices but it's worth it. I agree with the PP who said to simplify your life. I drive an old car that was just a few hundred dollars on Craigslist and basically all I pay for is rent, food, and gas. I was able to get full financial aid until I started the graduate program. For food stamps and other benefits, all you need to do is say that you are renting a...
We are planning to move to somewhere in the SGV soon--one option is Pasadena, and I found a wonderful school in the area already(this one: http://www.villageplaygarden.org), but another option is the Pomona/Claremont/Covina/Glendora area, and I'm looking for school options for that area. We are a part of an amazing school right now that is similar to the Village Playgarden one, and parent participation is optional, so I go to school with my daughter every day and we love...
Quote: Originally Posted by crbyard Honestly, Seaworld is a dud. And I love sea creatures. It's kind of a creepy, circus-like treatment of sea animals. My 2.5 year old was bored stiff when we went there (as was I). Spend the time at Disney and then take a special trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium another time to experience the ocean animals/fish. I agree, I find SeaWorld disturbing. We just went to Disneyland with my 4 year old for one day...
My daughter is 4 now, but she met the animals right away. Her first word ended up being one of the cats' names. It was only later that I had to separate them, when she started thinking it was fun to pull their tails and stuff(as a young toddler).
They are sleeping from 8 PM-4:30 AM? I would try having a later bedtime. My daughter needs an insanely small amount of sleep compared to me, and if I ever put her to bed before 9:30 PM(and usually she goes to bed much later) she wakes up way too early for me.
The ones with the broom and dustpan and bottle and stuff! Awesome, thank you so much; I don't know why TRU didn't come to mind!
I wouldn't hesitate to allow my child to watch TV if it gave her relief from pain. (And we don't own a TV. )
I saw play cleaning sets at Target last year and it seems they don't have them this year. Does anyone know of a place that carries them? And I don't think there's time for me to order online(I need to give it before going out of town in a few days), so I'm specifically looking for a chain that carries it in stores. Thanks!
I've always let my daughter choose what to eat for meals. She's 4 now and still doesn't like anything I like. That said, we don't keep anything in the house that I'm not okay with her eating for a meal(we don't do "snacks" or "treats"), so it's always healthy food. She did go through a stage where she was not only picky, but just plain not hungry, and from talking with other parents I realized it was typical for that age(toddler). I never prepare food for someone...
Has anyone seen an accidentally vegan advent calendar in stores? There isn't really time to order one online, but I'm hoping there's a dark chocolate(or candy or something?) one or something that some place might carry...