or Connect

Posts by mommaduck

Some of my coverings show a bit of hair. Others show none. I wore snoods twice (one time asked) and a hanging veil once (asked).
Twice, they've mentioned my covering, but more as a statement..."your scarf, covering, etc, that is a religious covering?" Yes. "Okay." This last time, no one asked.
Welcome! Deedee, I'm Reformed as well And the only other headcoverer in our church, other than the occasional visitor, is our pianist. I was part of a Presbyterian church not long ago though where EVERY female covered.
I don't like that some places put in housing codes that are there for the intent of preventing multigenerational families within a house. It also makes it difficult on large families. And I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Particularly in economic climates that it is wiser to do so to prevent debt and actually pay bills.
I wonder if it's possible to start another local Freecycle list with better rules...or at least a lot less pickiness. Or if there a way to complain to the main Freecycle site about the way some of the lists are run. Btw, we were blessed with extra beds beyond comprehension. Someone in our church gave us two twin mattresses, a twin frame, and a nearly new bed to replace our own. Uncle is leaving us his bed and the futon. So we now have what we need and even some guest...
Quote: Originally Posted by BohoMama I know the guy already left, but to answer the WWYD question, I think I'd enlist the help of friends. I'd have someone come in when that guy was on shift and if he passed out any tracts or proselytized, I'd let the friend speak to the manager about it. Then it doesn't look like the trouble is coming from you, and the manager can see that there are members of the public who do not want a side dish of Gospel with their...
Quote: Originally Posted by KBinSATX Wow! I didn't even know somebody keeps track of the balance of wanted and offered stuff... Yeah, I wouldn't even know HOW they do it. Must be a spreadsheet...someone has A LOT of time on their hands....
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka it stated with a friend yammeing on about he chuch. I thought she as nuts. . . . . in the mean time . . . . My church was going nuts and my life was falling apart. . . . the things my friend was saying were stating to get my attention. I thought she was arrogant and nuts and all kinds of unkind things but at oeast it was xactly oppposite of eveything i thought i knew about God. and all of a sudden one day, it...
We are Christian, but we don't celebrate Christmass. No santa, no trees, no, well no anything. We enjoy the day off and look at pretty lights as we drive. We don't have a problem keeping it out. It did take time to wean family off of shoving it down our throats, but that was about the most difficult part. I even posted the "I eat Chinese for Christmas" video on one of my blogs, because it's something I can somewhat relate to. Just make the most of YOUR holy days and...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 How odd. I'm a Christian and I would never tell a friend who isn't trying to follow Christ that they're a Christian, nor would I call someone who just didn't want to be identified as Christian for whatever reason one. :ditto: