or Connect

Posts by princess7199

I have read on here about speech delays. Has anyone had someone tell you that it is apraxia? This is what they are saying is possible for my 4 year old. She has been in a special ed-preschool and has made wonderful progress. Just to give you a picture. When she first started back in Aug. she had the speech of a one year-old. She knew only a dozen words yet was obviously very smart and could understand people with no trouble and could manage to get her point across 98% of...
My twin boys are almost a year old! Have somehow managed to survive the first year. How do you AP twin babies? I was just starting to look into AP while I was pregnant with the twins. I also have a three year-old and a four year-old. With no outside help and no help from dh.(Hasn't changed a diaper since they were two weeks old.)So this past year has been just a matter of survival. Honestly, I feel a bit cheated out of a lot of things because I had twins. I couldn't bf and...
What I meant by emotional is while she is doing great in school and has fun while she is there when she comes home it is another story. She is tired and cranky of course and won't take another nap. She acts out at her two year old brother and has no problem looking at me and telling me no about anything I ask her to do.The worst of all is the fits and tantrums, she had never thrown a fit before she started school.At other times she clings to me and won't let me do anything...
First,thanks for all of the great advice.My dd won't be four until Jan.and if I decide to keep her in preschool she will stay in that class for two years.No,she isn't shy and is usually very outgoing.She loves her Sunday school and visiting with Grandparents. Part of the problem I think is the fact that she goes full days.(That would tire me out.)She is gone from 7 a.m. until after 2:30 p.m.She has actual problems saying words and has made great progress since Aug.,but at...
Hey, My problem is that I have my oldest in a special needs in a preschool.(She has problems in the speech area.She has the vocabulary(sp?)of a one year-old.)I did not want to homeschool my children.I was homeschooled myself and my situation turned out bad.I didn't think I had the temperment to deal with things and be able to teach my children what they need to know. Now though, preschool is seeming to hurt my dd emotionally.She clings a great deal and just doesn't seem...
Hey, Sorry it has been so long.First I was very busy with the babies, of course.Then my Dh got laid off and we had to cancel our internet.So we still don't have internet, but I finally broke down and walked up to the library.Don't know how often I'll be able to do this.I miss all of you guys though and I don't have anyone that understands my beautiful twins.I had to give up nursing,I got sick and the twins hit a growth spurt at the same time.So I gave them formula and by...
Gogi, Wow,only 2hrs and 45 minutes last time.Well,there is hope.I also delivered fast my first two times(4 hrs.first time and 1hr.45 the second)so I was really worried that I wouldn't make it to the hospital.I got to the hosptial at 4cm.and contractions every five minutes.That was at 11 in the morning.Then the contractions kinda slowed down a lot and didn't start up until they finally broke my water at 11 that night.Then it only took half an hour.Of course, they wouldn't...
The babies are doing great,but sad to say the nursing is not.They both weigh about eight pounds now.They are growing so fast.I can see a difference almost everyday. Gogi, It's great that you made it this far.I'm so happy for you.Now you get to have those babies at home like you wanted to.Best wishes.
Theo's Mom The hospital I delivered at also said that I had to have a Dr. present also,but I could also have a mw.Once I got to the hospital though I had to insist that I wanted the mw on call. Be careful about refusing the epidural in the sense that if my mw hadn't talked the Dr. into trying a breech I would have had a c-section.Make sure you have a mw that will back you up.(Not saying you should get one,I didn't,just make sure you know what the Dr. will do if turning a...
I have a slow metabolism(sp?)and it makes it hard ro lose weight,plus I'm an emotional eater and hate to exercise(no time also).Before I was taking diet pills that speed up my metabolism and they really worked.Is there a safe alternative that I can take while breastfeeding?(bf twins only a couple times a day)