or Connect

Posts by Hazelnut

Just general structure. I worked at home a lot before this, so I'm used to showering and getting dressed for me, and not because I have to. I think when I had one baby though, I was lazier. Then I think getting out for daily walks and the occasional movie alone while the baby was sleeping were for me. Now I know that reading helps too. Sounds silly, but time is so tight and I love to read. Even a little helps keep my brain from getting too fuzzy. I don't feel like I'm...
I think being a recluse is part of the reason that I don't go crazy being a SAHM. The kids might drive me nuts, but not not being out in the world. We do get out a lot, but yeah, I feel badly that we don't have playdates left and right. That being said, I often wonder how much socialization is going on with other people? People are friendly here but it doesn't seem like people invite us over much either, so I don't know.
I say that "I'm staying home with my young children right now." I'm not a fan of SAHM or any particular title I guess. It's been a few years, but it drives home the point that I'm not doing it for the rest of my life. I fully expect some people to think I do nothing all day, and choose not to care about their opinion. I do do some freelance work from home. It is very few hours (how much can you do after 12+ hours of childcare, no break, and cleaning up??) but I do stress...
I was searching for one nearly two years ago and it came up here that even Hamilton Beach (the one that was supposedly lead free) had a small amount, but within FDA standards. Google searching hasn't resulted in much. Just wondering if anyone has done deeper research and discovered if any slow cooker is 100% lead free? I think I'd still like to try one. tia.
Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora Coats are fine as long as you don't have to adjust the straps out to accomodate the extra bulk. I usually have the kids in good-quality fleece over thermal tops, and put their warm coats on as we leave the car. Anthing that requires you let the straps out is too thick and not safe, period. This is what I thought. I keep seeing coats/no coats, but it seems like it can really vary. I thought it was only...
I don't think being rude to other children (key word "children") has anything to do with caring for your own kid well. I'm out to protect my child but I fail to see why that makes it OK to treat another kid so poorly. Some parents drive me crazy but I try to treat their kids decently anyway, and the way I'd want mine to be treated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maedze Pretty common for the Radians: easiest way to address it, if you don't want to leave the straps in the same position, is to get the child in the seat, drape the loose harness around his shoulders, and then tighten to where you think it should go, THEN buckle. For some reason the harness pulls really easily when it's not buckled, but gets tetchy and ornery once the buckle is plugged in. This is what I do. I...
I start waaay early. Or at least I begin washing, chopping, or whatevering early. We are usually home in the afternoon, so it's possible. I used to wear my ds and let the older ones play in the kitchen with me. I keep meaning to crock pot though....
Are they narrower than the forresters? Those are a pain but we have 3 radians in it.
Probably only to about 3. I did get the newer 45 lb limit seat, but it really hinders the comfort of the passenger seat and I can't imagine keeping it the way it is for two more years. If my son hadn't outgrown the marathon by 2, then the fit wouldn't be an issue. But he did, so his size affects my answer. My other son was 2, but he hit 33lbs and I had no choice.