or Connect

Posts by Hazelnut

Quote: Originally Posted by Dandelionkid Does it sound normal for it to take 2 hrs every evening of straight cleaning to get the dishes done, clothes put away and general tidy-up of living room, kitchen and dining room (sweeping floor, not washing it)??? I feel like this is excessive but I don't clean at all during the day. I have a small house (907 sq ft) Yes, I think so. I have three little kids, and at least 1 (usually 2) are with me all...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamoon89 Cod liver oil is a very good source of vitamin D. That's what I always thought, but all of a sudden I'm hearing that mamas who are pretty into TF and take CLO take D3 as well, due to recent studies about it's immune boosting effects. I haven't really done any reading on it yet. I do recall reading some stuff online a while ago about getting your D levels tested but I didn't really buy it at the time. MY old...
I was going to get these at Trader joe's but they have been out. Has anyone tried the sunny gummies from rainbow light?
I agree. Granted I've never had a yard sale, so I am maybe clueless about what you can get in the end. I'd just rather die than save it all and haul it all outside. I donate almost everything, unless it's something of value that I can sell individually online or on craig's list. I do have one bag of clothing that I periodically fill and take to consignment. I often get anywhere from 25-75 for that. But that is just one garbage bag full- not much. I LOVELOVELOVE my local...
I don't think the expectation is any different. From what I gather, no one is expecting them to interact or play together. They are merely being expected to share a public structure that presumably has room for more than 1-2 kids.- just like I would share a large table at a coffee shop.
Yes I pretty much "force" my child to share in public places like the children's museums or the park. This is actually one of my pet peeves-- I have often been surprised how many parents there seem to be kind of pushy on behalf of their child. I feel like I'm, if anything, being kind of pushy in just forcing my kid to share. But when others don't return the favor, it sends them such a bad message! So I know what you mean there. I always hate to be rude (or feel rude) in...
Ah, it seems a fairly common theme here with posts on gentle discipline boards that family members assume posters aren't disciplining their kids because they aren't smacking them or yelling at them in the moment. We really have no idea what goes on in the party guests home or what her goals are for her child. She may believe the most important thing is to not embarrass her child publicly or know realize that learning to know the boundaries of her stomach is something she's...
I haven't seen any since, so I'm sort of hoping that they aren't there, *crosses fingers*. I'm thinking it may have come up from the basement with the laundry. I know we have random spiders and occasional bugs down there, and I see that as somewhat inevitable. I mostly freaked out b/c I wasn't sure if silverfish exist in the kazillions once you see one, and b/c it was in the bedroom! That is seriously one of our barest, cleanest rooms (I find clutter free= easier for me to...
I'm sorry.
I would have just let the kid eat the nuts, and made a mental note not to put them all out at once next time kids are coming over. The child did not behave well and maybe should have better been redirected, but don't lose sight of the age. I can't quite understand being so irritated by it. Also, it's entirely possible that it's reversed: the kid is very difficult and the mother, feeling ineffective, just backs off. I've seen this happen a lot.