or Connect

Posts by Caryliz

Quote: Originally Posted by fairymom DDC How about a babywearing jacket? Since they're built for 2 I'm sure it work for pg too. I know they're more expensive but you could get years of wear AND they have a good resale value. Like these.. I wanted to second fairymom's recommendation of a babywearing coat! They are expensive, but I have seen used ones out there - try thebabywearer.com, where there is a buy/sell/trade forum. If you are...
Hmm. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with DS1, though it wasn't limited to top/bottom of the areola, or left/right breast. From time to time, in the last trimester, I just started noticing when I got in the shower that one or both nipples was peeling - not as bad as a bad sunburn, but still. I never had any itching, though, and at the suggestion of my MW I just rubbed them with a dab of olive oil from time to time. It all went away once DS was born and I was nursing.
Hi Mamas! Count me in! Caryliz, 44, DH 54, expecting DS2 somewhere around January 31, 2011. Wondering if any other mamas have funny stories about being older and pg? My favorite came from the u/s tech at the hospital, when I went for the initial screening and to determine date of conception. (And can I say, it always cracks me up when, right after you discover you are pg, a member of the medical profession asks the date of conception. I'm always like, "You tell...
I say, go for it! I travel frequently for work - I'm on a plane 2 or 3 times per week, and I'm at 27 weeks. I will likely continue to travel (fly) until I'm about 34 - 35 weeks. This is my second, so perhaps I'm that much more confident, but I wouldn't worry about it. The only caveat I would add is that different airports utilize different kinds of security technology. Larger airports (e.g. O'Hare, Kennedy) have started using the full-body X-ray scanning...
We did this as well, and it worked out fine. In our case we had a cosleeper (which my son never slept in, LOL) attached to one side of the bed, and between that and a bed bumper, didn't move the bed to the floor until DS was about 5 months old when I decided to get rid of the cosleeper and reclaim a little floor space in the bedroom! We also put the bedframe in storage and just put the mattress and box spring on the floor, and it stayed that way until DS was 3.5 and we...
I am a senior portfolio manager at a large professional services (consulting) firm, and have about 40 people reporting to me. I interface with high-level clients and manage multi-million dollar contracts. In my 20+ year career what I have absolutely noticed is that how you present yourself matters. But I am also amazed at how many people think this means you have to wear lipstick if you are female! I think it's important to both be comfortable in your own skin, and to...
Oh yes!!! Both DS and I love cuddles, and I really, really miss it when I am out of town (I travel a lot for work). Sometimes I will call home to tell him I am missing him, and he will say, "Ok mama! I am sending you big cuddles right now!" and he will hug and smooch the phone! I swear my heart grows two sizes whenever he does that And you know? I often arrive home from a business trip well after everyone's bedtime (like, close to midnight), and more often than not,...
Let me first say that I had the luxury of not going back to work until DS was 5 months old - but I was worried because he was so bonded with me, was exclusively BF, and would NOT take a bottle. And you know - it all worked out fine. I second the PP who extolled the wonders of the sling! Our DCP wore DS in a sling all the time - she had never even heard of one until she started wearing mine, but she was sold in a heartbeat! Said she couldn't understand why more mamas,...
What I find interesting here is that everyone's definition of a "long drive" is quite different! We drove 20 minutes to DS's wonderful preschool (which he attended all day, 5 days/week), and it never occurred to either DH or me that this was a long drive. Where we live, everything is a "country drive" - and yes, this meant frequent weekend playdates, birthday parties, etc. 40 minutes away, but that didn't seem like a dealbreaker for us. Hey, my son now has great buddies...
A number of mamas have suggested freezing shredded zucchini for later use in baked goods or frittatas or whatever - but how, exactly, does this work? Can one just shred, then throw into a large ziplock freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, then pop in the freezer? And when you go to use the shreds, do you drain first? Also, what's the best way to wrap zucchini bread for freezing? I've never tried freezing baked goods before (as odd as that sounds!) DH and DS...