or Connect

Posts by bluebirdmama

I haven't had a chance to read all of the replies but thought I would quickly chime in. My ds is 5.5 years old and his drawings now are pretty cool...however, he didn't draw anything recognizable until 4.5 years old. All he would do were scribbles. I was actually getting worried about him because he seemed interested in art but never actually drew anything. We decided not to worry about it. We would talk about colour or shape or pattern. We would have fun drawing zigzags...
Ugh. Yuck. So, does anyone know how long this is supposed to go on for?   My hair is falling out in huge clumps - it's awful. It seems even worse because it's so long. I haven't had my hair this long since I was 17 so I'm finding the hair loss even more noticeable than it was after my other two babies. I'm so tempted to just chop my hair off but I rather like that it's long enough to put up...I find the first year with a new baby is not very conducive to short hair...
With DS my period came back at 15 months (exactly 28 days after I returned to work) and it was super heavy.   With DD, I had pp bleeding for 3 weeks. At 8 weeks I had some bright red spotting and was devastated to think that my period was returning. The spotting never intensified and I didn't have my period return until 11 months pp. When it did it was super heavy for 2 cycles and then back to normal, if lighter than it had been in the past.   I'm currently 10...
"Mama, I drawed on him"   This is Silas as 6 weeks.
echo - do you leave expressed breastmilk when you're gone for 3-4 hours? I get nervous if I'm out longer than an hour.   ashley - I wish I had some suggestions for you. All three of my kids would tolerate being put down at least here and there. Sometimes it felt like I had to hold them all the time, but the reality is that they did spend quite a bit of time sleeping in a bouncy chair or basket too. Maybe Phoenix would sleep with a hot water bottle against his back...
A little background: Silas is my 3rd baby. I breastfed the other two until they were 2.5 years old. I found it easy overall. No real problems aside from the occasional plugged duct. I do have overactive letdown/oversupply issues with the resulting problems (baby gasping for air, sucking air/making a clicking noise, choking on milk, and gas/reflux). These issues generally subside after about 6-8 weeks, especially as I block feed.   I've got the same thing going on...

We've got a 2.75 year age gap on both sides of our DD (She's almost 3, big brother is 5.5). She is a little tantrum-y but that's more to do with lack of routine since he was born (late nights, meals at odd times, lots of visitors). She was already more attached to dad than to me so there hasn't been a huge disruption in terms of him doing more for her now that my hands are full with the baby.   The bigger kids both have their own beds but often end up in our bed part...
So gorgeous. Well done. The video is kind of haunting, especially with the last song. I'm so happy that you were able to document it all so well. What a cherished keepsake that will be. Thanks for sharing it.
I just read that it's caused by the hormones at birth and that it peaks about 3-4 weeks pp. Hoping your babes are all clearing up.