or Connect

Posts by dinahx

This thread title is declarative & does draw not only the conclusion that positive messages about vaccines in general spread less quickly, but that a negative message about H1N1 is really an 'AntiVax sentiment' that spreads more quickly.
No but they were making a conclusion that positive vax messages spread less quickly than negative & I would counter that they can only conclude that positive H1N1 influenza vax messages spread less quickly. I would accept them extrapolating to all influenza vax messages, but not all vax.
Can you look for clues on your Social Media accounts, etc as for your March LMP? Do you know when you DTD? I would get out a calendar & do some sluething . . .
Okay, last post, but their conclusion is suspect because they only studied messages pertaining to H1N1 which was a VERY unpopular vaccine, perceived as novel, for an 'epidemic' that basically never materialized. As Flu shots are not mandated, and amongst the least popular vaxes generally, in all versions, I don't think you can really extrapolate how Twitter feels about Vax messages in general from this study. Yes, an abundance of positive messages may backfire, sure,...
Just adding another thought on Twitter: the most interesting thing I use Twitter for on this issue is not to Retweet or not Retweet some person with an agenda on either side, but to search infectious disease by Hashtag. If anything I have ever read makes me reconsider my position, it is seeing many hits on #measles or #pertussis. If you search the hashtag #vaxfax, it seems like 65% Pro, so again, IDK, seems like the researchers went in with an angle apriori   The...
I personally don't identify with either side or participate in US politics . . .
Sorta, but it is beyond US politics. I mean, supporting Government mandates on Pharmaceutical products is a very State Centric, State is Benign & Benefical type of stance, which is Left, beyond the US . . .
The Left seems to me to be the most guilty of acting like there is only one side of whatever argument, whatever that be & using terminology that supports that idea . . . Not that the right doesn't make their own mistakes, but the 'all sane, educated folks only have our position & our position only' seems to be favored by one side . . . Some of the most Leftist bloggers in the US (like Amanda Marcotte) support Vax & also Reproductive Choice using the 'all who disagree with...
The term 'anti-vax' is as ridiculous as the term 'anti-choice'. I call people what they call themselves, to maintain respect in heated debates. Respecting your opponent's argument is the key to true wisdom & understanding & IMO the Left makes a huge mistake showing disrespect to the other POV in this issue. The minute one tells me 'anyone who questions vax is a little daft' & I have some legit questions, a degree & don't consider myself daft . . . So VaxSafety & ProVax...
Another thing that helped me was getting the exact brand & dosage that was given to my baby . . . You could familiarize yourself with common side effects/adverse events so you can be sure you are not seeing any . . .