or Connect

Posts by L.J.

I have written many personal experiences and have received much love and support here. Unfortunately, someone has read something(s), discovered who I am IRL, passed info along to others and having distorted things by taking it out of context, the result has been hurtful. I do not know if the person went looking through past posts in search of something damaging or if it was more innocent like just stumbling onto a post and ran with it. Without knowing, I feel like...
I used to be like that.....a lot. I had a very harsh lesson where I was judged by someone and it was a HUGE wake-up call. The incident was life-changing for me because I realized that I was judging others the way this woman judged me....and it didn't feel very good at all. I also discovered that the only reason I judged others was 1. because I judged myself and 2. because if I was "right" then I could feel better about myself. I have a lot more self-esteem...
My sis and I have been going through stuff too. A few years ago, I was in a really bad place. I felt judged, I was really judgemental, negative, down, etc. I then projected that onto my sister because I have the most "history" with her. I used to think no one understood me, I didn't fit in, I didn't want to be with the family etc. It was horrible. I worked on my own issues and self esteem and suddenly everything seemed so much better. I jokingly wondered why...
green - glad things are going well. New guy sounds cool! katt - sending positive vibes for a healthy birth & little girl! harper - LOVE the cottage. You must be enjoying your own space! Harper is adorable! calimommie - it does get easier. Can you read or something at night or do a hobby or something to help feel less lonely? I now LOVE my time alone at night. Hang in there. beloved - this too shall pass. Jealousy is a tough one. annarbor -sorry to hear about...
No advice to give, just wanted to offer you tons of support.
When I read this thread and think about my ex and his girlfriend, I can't figure out which is worse (or more sad), the woman who is so insecure she must try to control everything and be a part of destroying important family relationships....or the man who is so insecure he won't stand up to the insecure girlfriend to tell her that his relationships are important and isn't willing to jeopardize them.
I would seek legal advice on this one. I personally would not want to let my child go and would definitely want some real proof, like proof that he is seeing a counselor or in an anger management class or something. It's one thing to say you are sorry or something for violence, it's another to actually be taking steps to prevent further violence. Do what your gut says to keep your child safe. Keeping your child safe is the only thing that matters here. If you...
Another thing I thought of..... I am an honest person and when I do things, especially as a single parent I think, if I do this, how will I feel down the road telling the kids this was my choice. So....in your situation.... If your son said, "Mom, why didn't dad come when I had my asthma attack and was in the hospital?" You can answer honestly and say, "I don't know. I called him and told him. He made his choices. You'll have to ask him." If you hadn't...
Oh, that sucks! I guess the best you can do is to say that you really don't know where he is right now. Hold him & love him. I wish it was easier for your little one.
I would definitely take the info with caution. If it is a lie.....no harm in having the conversation. If it's the truth.....you got a heads up!