or Connect

Posts by L.J.

I think it's quite normal to feel sad when someone who are kids have enjoyed is not likely to be in their lives again. I know I'm more conscious and sensitive about the relationships my kids form with other men, especially because their dad isn't around very often.
Sometimes people need a bit of a scare to help them see what they are about to or going to lose if they don't make some changes. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.
You could call some psychologists and ask them what is involved in an evaluation. Likely they will just talk to the kids, watch them interact with you etc.
Keep it simple and honest. We need to move to a different house/apartment/whatever. She will likely ask why. I'd follow with something like, sometimes mommies & daddies need to live in different places. Your daughter will ask for as much info as she needs. If you keep it simple and only answer what she asks, it will make it easier. It's a difficult part of separating, explaining it to the kids. As my son gets older, he asks for more information and I provide the...
It does make sense. I purposely don't tell my kids they'll see or hear from their dad unless I know it's a done deal. It is hard. Be gentle with yourself and your little one. It takes time to adjust.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamakay It seems to me like the issue of circumcision has clued the OP in on what kind of person her sister really is, and that's a difficult thing to come to terms with, sometimes. You can love her because she's your sister, but you don't have to like her. You're not obligated to like your siblings. Heck, you're not obligated to love them, really, but love comes more naturally. Like I said before, IMO, love is a thing that...
I'm guessing she wasn't doing it to shame him, she was telling him the consequence that would occur if he continued behaving badly. I agree that I would rather have heard that then, "I'll spank you". The term "naughty room" does give me the creeps, but I think it's better for people to get something like that from Supernanny or whatever than continuing or starting to hit their kid. If she said we are leaving the store NOW, that might have punished her, not him. ...
Hang in there. We all have a crappy day or two while in the process of divorce. It will get better again!
My ex is a compulsive liar....so....... "he lied to protect me", "lied cause he was scared of my reaction to the truth," "lied because it personal and none of my business," etc. etc. I strongly suggest getting the book "Never Be Lied to Again" by David Lieberman. It gives great examples of words and phrases and body language that can help you spot a lie in progress. That will at least help you a little as you figure out how much he is or is not lying to you. As for...
It seems from reading all your posts that maybe this is more about your sister and your relationship with her than it is about circumcision. If this was only about circumcision then it would not seem possible for you to have friends that have circumcised their kids. You have stated that you have been forgiving or accepting of friends, but you are not willing to do the same for your sister. It's like you have much higher standards or a double standard for her. It's...